LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I always find it interesting the things they choose to imitate. It's always been fun, but now we have a grey in the house, NOTHING is sacred. He heard something on TV yesterday... I now have to check to see if there's a bus backing up in my living room 🤣
You will definitely need to mind your P's and Q's around Avery, Jon!

I have a situation here where Jem the cockatiel has several quite repetitive calls that both Val and Lovejoy have taken on. It can get a little crazy when all three are making the same call at the same time. Interestingly though, my elder statesman cockatiel, Fang, is having none of it. He is a master imitator in his own right but so far has point blank refused to play Jem's game - I think there's a none too subtle message there!

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I'm with Fang! Ha!

Oh golly Avery is too clever!

@ravvlet I KNOW he totally looks like a dinosaur and that picture is perfect! Hahahaha!

Yesterday Opie had the audacity to land on Cotton's toy hanger then fumble his way down to the playstand, pick up a piece of food, and stand there nonchalantly eating it.

Cotton made a beeline from the top of his cage and marched all the way across, down a boing, across his rope net, across his rope bridge, across the playstand and YELLED at Opie!!

Who gave a cockatoo-side-eye glance and then just kept eating.

:eek::eek::eek::ROFLMAO:

The next six months are going to be interesting.....

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Have you shown your pet drinking fountain to Opie while letting your hand take a splashy bath? I wonder if Cotton would be interested after watching Opie enjoy a bath?

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Have you shown your pet drinking fountain to Opie while letting your hand take a splashy bath? I wonder if Cotton would be interested after watching Opie enjoy a bath?
I did something similar a few days ago. Avery isn't a big fan of the shower, but Baxter LOVES them. (He sort of tolerates them, and then gets mad about it and plucks a bunch of fluffs off his chest) So, Avery sat on the curtain rod and looked on as Baxter had a glorious time getting soaked. After I got out, got myself ready, I went and got them from the nice steamy bathroom. Baxter went to her cage for breakfast, and Avery... jumped in his water bowl and soaked everything in a hundred mile radius the second I turned my back! Goober! 🤣🤣🤣 Aaaaaaaand he left the fluffs alone. That's a win! :)

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
@LaManuka I was trying to record Cotton giving his usual speech but Ope was in the background saying "good boooy" over and over 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I was laughing so hard and trying not to make sound but of course my phone camera is all over the place so it's a horrid video, but I am still cracking up!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh @Cottonoid that is an AWESOME video! I played it to my guys over and over and they LOVED IT!! It was even enough to stop Lovejoy from being a tiny little terrorist for a few minutes and pay attention, so if Ope and Cotton want a job in riot control at my place any time, they've got it!!

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
@LaManuka I found one for the tiels!

Keiko was visiting and singing away in the morning - all the whistling is Keiko and the squeaky grunts are Cotton - Cotton got distracted by our little (lone) red squirrel outside 😍😍

This is from August and is the start of his usual 5am Speech for The Masses - but he caught me!

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
@LaManuka I found one for the tiels!

Keiko was visiting and singing away in the morning - all the whistling is Keiko and the squeaky grunts are Cotton - Cotton got distracted by our little (lone) red squirrel outside 😍😍

This is from August and is the start of his usual 5am Speech for The Masses - but he caught me!

Well, my pair of ungrateful 'tiels were underwhelmed, they seemed more interested in continuing their pre-lunch nap. Val, on the other hand, really enjoyed singing along - and he still is!💖

Last edited:
OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I LOVE Val's sounds!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍 That is the cutest! My son and his partner (Keiko's family) are going to love this 😍😍

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I LOVE Val's sounds!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍 That is the cutest! My son and his partner (Keiko's family) are going to love this 😍😍
Val says to say "thank you!" He's always been a wonderful singer!

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Ope and Sunny are flying around like crazy, but Maynard the min pin and Cotton are bedtime-at-sundown animals. Maynard is tucked next to me on the couch and Cotton is beak grinding and ignoring Opie yelling GOOD BOY as he flies by with a dried pea stolen from Sunny's cage and trying to steal my tea while also attacking my watch strap through my shirt 😂

PXL_20230130_234302478.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20230130_233952897.jpg

PXL_20230130_234834639.jpg

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I swear Cotton rolls his eyes at Ope 😂😂😂 Opie must be the most annoying little brother! Hahaha

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I showed Willow your pic of Opie but he didn’t have much to say. He’s enjoying being cuddled in my warm hand before he goes to sleep.

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Awwww - Opie hasn't figured out yet that screen Quakers aren't real, and I keep forgetting this. He gets SO EXCITED and then can't figure out why his new friend isn't responding to him :/

Most Reactions

Latest posts