OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Sighhh..I so miss Smokey..Love Levi! both of you are so lucky to have each other!

Jim

Thank you Jim :smile016:

Yes, I am so grateful for him. I Love him so much!!

tanyamitchellrn said:
What a smart boy! I love that he went to his perch even tho he has free reign! I really like that perch too! Do you happen to remember where you got it? I found one for the shower and of course big ones and then some I’ve made, but none like that. Very nice.

Thank You! Yes he does that all the time, he's a good boy.
My husband made it for him. ;)

Terry57 said:
I so love Levi's voice! So many different pitches!

And I love BOTH your kitchens!!!

Thank you so much my friend!! :heart:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
THANK YOU SO MUCH TERRY for all of your help with changing this to
Levi's Official Thread! :smile049: YAY!! You're the Best!! :heart:

The pleasure is all mine, I love any chance to look at Levi, my Friend!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
You people with your sweet, smart birds! At least I can READ about them!
I love Levi's thread.

C'mon now Ms Gail...you give RB far less credit than what he deserves..sure...he may be a mischief maker,hooligan,ornery at times and just a plain 'ol PITA :D but hey! Someone's gotta keep you and Mr Rival in line and on your toe's!!

Jim

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
You people with your sweet, smart birds! At least I can READ about them!
I love Levi's thread.

Thank you Miss Gail :heart: Actually, your Rickybird scrapbook thread gave me the idea, so thank you for that. :)

AmyMyBlueFront said:
C’mon now Ms Gail...you give RB far less credit than what he deserves..sure...he may be a mischief maker,hooligan,ornery at times and just a plain 'ol PITA :D

Aren’t they all ;)

Wrench13 said:
Great idea for a Levi thread. I've been veryy busy and havent had a chance to comment. He is a really nice grey, and you are doing a great job with him.

Thank you so much Al, that means a lot considering Levi is my very 1st parrot.

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Levi exploring his world in the Pocono Mts PA, Oct 2017

tami2-albums-levi-picture18766-adventures-levi-african-grey-parrot-oct-7690-w.jpg

It was just after his 1st major molt, so his feathers aren't looking their best...

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Levi exploring his world in the Pocono Mts PA, Oct 2017

tami2-albums-levi-picture18766-adventures-levi-african-grey-parrot-oct-7690-w.jpg

It was just after his 1st major molt, so his feathers aren't looking their best...

Awww, the feathers will grow back better than ever, but his face is so expressive!

Terrific thread, Tami!!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Tami...Levi's eyes say it all! VERY wide-eyed and expressive! He is taking in EVERY little bit of info nature is throwing at him :) WTG Levi! And Tami...if you're a "first time parront" You are doing an awesome job. Not only is Levi very handsome being fully clothed...he sure is well adjusted.
Well done young lady...well done!!

Jim

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Tami...Levi's eyes say it all! VERY wide-eyed and expressive! He is taking in EVERY little bit of info nature is throwing at him :) WTG Levi! And Tami...if you're a "first time parront" You are doing an awesome job. Not only is Levi very handsome being fully clothed...he sure is well adjusted.
Well done young lady...well done!!

Jim

Thank you very much Jim, that means a lot. :heart:
I can't take all the credit. Even though I researched for years prior to getting him, I have learned more here on Parrot Forums than from any books or other resources. And I am still learning everyday!
I am forever grateful. :)

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
"She wants to take me to the Vet for a pedicure. I’m hiding, she'll never find me here. Steady, don't move a muscle and what ever you do, don't blink."

tami2-albums-levi-picture19645-i-m-hiding-you-can-t-find-me-ha.jpeg

"Drats she found me. I hate this place."
tami2-albums-levi-picture19649-i-hate-place.jpeg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Haha! Took me a minute to find him, looks like Levi will have to find a new hiding place!

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Levi did a good job hiding. How did the vet visit go?

It went well thx. His weight was exactly the same as when I weighed him last weekend. So his weight is good, she said his feathers look good, and he's in overall good health. Thank Goodness!

However, she wasn't aware that I let his flight feathers grow in and of course she wanted to cut them. I didn't let her.
When his wings were clipped he was landing hard on the floor and destroyed his tail feathers. They are finally growing in nicely. We did discuss how we could prevent flight in the summer months when we are outside and keep him safe from plopping to the ground and possibly getting injured, in addition to losing his tail feathers. I'd like to find a happy medium. I do let him explore outside during the warm months.

Most Reactions

Latest posts