The search for CBH

CrypticDelirium

Sep 16, 2010
NC
Parrots
Georigie, a very maniacal ball of fluff.
Babii (baby), The cuddle sponge
I'm becoming desperate to know more of my 'Too's past, she's such an amazing anomaly! :p

I've looked online with no good leads, so I was hoping maybe someone here has seen this type of band before. It's rounded, and open, not even clamped together. The initials are CBH, no spaces or punctuation.

The only thing I've found that could even be CLOSE is country bird holdings ltd, but they seem to be adamant on not responding to my e-mails and from their site I'm not sure they deal with anything but chickens.

Has anyone ever seen this type of band before, or any ideas on who might have registered her coming into the USA if she was wild caught?

Dj tweet

Aug 11, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix- alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010

mikki- barraband x king parrot
21yrs old
Here in nz bird bands mean nothing at all and are readily available on the net for only a few cents
most have just a few numbers on them and are different colours
it's up to the breeder individually to keep track of what band was put on what bird etc

Have a look at the bands on
sella New Zealand - sella Online Auctions & Classifieds | New Zealand
if it looks like any of these it's probably that she was wild caught in australia before being taken to the US

That's all the help I can give on the matter sorry
best of luck

BigB

Aug 22, 2016
I'm becoming desperate to know more of my 'Too's past, she's such an amazing anomaly! :p

I've looked online with no good leads, so I was hoping maybe someone here has seen this type of band before. It's rounded, and open, not even clamped together. The initials are CBH, no spaces or punctuation.

The only thing I've found that could even be CLOSE is country bird holdings ltd, but they seem to be adamant on not responding to my e-mails and from their site I'm not sure they deal with anything but chickens.

Has anyone ever seen this type of band before, or any ideas on who might have registered her coming into the USA if she was wild caught?

My too has a CBH followed by a 3 digit number as well. She was rescued in 2002 in Iowa by my fiancee, a 911 dispatcher. She had already been on her 2nd owner.
We found that C is imported to California, B is the quaratine station, and H is part of the serial number for the bird (Umbrella cockatoo).

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou...mport-live-animals/sa_avian/ct_bird_leg_bands

If it was made by L&M, they might give you an idea on when the band was manufactured, but you might have to pay for it... if they are even willing to give out that information.... assuming they even have it....

welcome

With a round import band, it would put most import birds at 24+ years of age.

Birds with newer import bands will be flat, instead of round, and have 3 letters and 5 numbers.

Most Reactions