Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Yea I'm pretty exhausted...Good thing I'm off tonight, but I spent 2 hours to do cleaning on the cages. They're eating very good and growing nicely. Just 4 more days of extra feedings to go....

I'm glad they are doing well. I hope you can get some well needed sleep tonight. Hold on....just 4 more days ......you can do it :)

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Unfortunately I won't get much sleep until he's at least 14 days old. So 4 more days running on few hours of sleep....lol....BUT I will get some needed rest Monday since I'm off. He's already getting bigger now. I'll take more pictures once he's past 14 days stage.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Ewwwww...so sorry ....ok , 14 more days....you can do it !
MickeyTN , your a saint for taking care of those babies :)

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
3 more days now then he would be 14 days old. :)

Did I mention I was 30min late for work today?...lol

Last edited:

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Can't wait to see their new and improved pictures :)

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
This is fascinating! I always knew that their are folks out there that breed and hand-feed birds but now I know, it's you all! I've always wondered why some of you have so many birds...duh!! So what happens after 14 days?

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I know many cause I like variety. Some was rescued or adopted, some was given to me as a birthday gift. I used to breed but not anymore. I have babies because it just happened rather I want them or not. These two were given to me as the owner does not know how to care for them as the bird parents was killing all the babies. I was obligated as I got her the pair and her daughter is a friend that works with my partner. Plus im a sucker...lol

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
After 14 days I can cut down on the feeding time. So I don't have to feed so many times. :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I know how exhausting bottle feeding kittens and baby bunnies is so I feel for you. Birds are probably harder. I fed a litter of opposums once then made the person who brought them to me take them to a place in the Toledo Metroparks who specialize in raising orphaned wild animals. When he called me and asked me what to feed them, I was not expecting him to then pull into my driveway with them, lol! They were creepy little things that made noises that sounded like the dinosaurs on Jurrassic Park!

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I know how exhausting bottle feeding kittens and baby bunnies is so I feel for you. Birds are probably harder. I fed a litter of opposums once then made the person who brought them to me take them to a place in the Toledo Metroparks who specialize in raising orphaned wild animals. When he called me and asked me what to feed them, I was not expecting him to then pull into my driveway with them, lol! They were creepy little things that made noises that sounded like the dinosaurs on Jurrassic Park!

ROFLMAO.....that's funny....I've bottle fed baby bunnies when the doe didn't produce any milk. The baby will follow you around like a puppy dog.... :)

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Here's new pics of the babies. They have really grown.

2012-02-21_22-25-18_667.jpg

2012-02-21_22-24-54_599.jpg

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Awwww.... they are so gorgeous and looking so healthy... Great work.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Wow , how big they got ! They really look great MickeyTN :)
You did a great job ! And to think how sad they looked when you first got them , we all had reservations about their survival , but you pulled them through ! Absolutely beautiful :D

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Not much longer they'll be flying.... :)

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots

What are you naming them ?

We're keeping the white one and haven't thought out the name yet. The whiteface baby will go to his new home once he's ready. If I kept all the babies ill be in trouble, partner wanted to keep these babies' older sibling, the pearl girl I posted on page one. I had to say no! We already have a Pearl female... I said yes to the whiteface Lutino because they're really beautiful. Partner is thinking since we have a bird room now we can add few small birds, ummm no!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*

What are you naming them ?

We're keeping the white one and haven't thought out the name yet. The whiteface baby will go to his new home once he's ready. If I kept all the babies ill be in trouble, partner wanted to keep these babies' older sibling, the pearl girl I posted on page one. I had to say no! We already have a Pearl female... I said yes to the whiteface Lutino because they're really beautiful. Partner is thinking since we have a bird room now we can add few small birds, ummm no!

Ummmm ,yes , I have some really nice budgie babies with your name on them :p Will be sending to you shortly. :D

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
LoL....I already have 3 boys, don't need any more budgies especially a girl. My boys go after the tiels...lol...

Most Reactions

Latest posts