Tone of voice....

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
Well, Enzo's 'new thing' is to shout me when i'm not in sight as she will normally whistle or shout a random word or phrase to get my attention. She'll say, "daaaad, come here" in a rather cute tone just as my son would do when he needs me. If I say, 'ok, give me a minute' she is fine with that and carries on her thing as long as I actually do go through to where she is and say hello. If I say 'no!' she will say daaaad just the same but will raise her voice and sharply say "come here!", if I don't reply or say 'no' again she will shout rather angrily "COME HERE!!!!!" and do a whistle as you would calling a dog. I think its hilarious and also remarkable that she recognises that saying saying the same words but in different tones and speeds means a different emotion/context.

African greys astound me, although I think at some point it is going to wear thin as I feel like sometimes i am her pet. We have been buddies for 3 months now and we are getting to know each other more and more. I've still not had that bite that draws blood yet, but we are getting to know each others moods more, although she is massively more stubborn than I.

Good days!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Oh, thats funny :D Very Cool!

Levi only chirps for me when I leave the room or he's looking for me.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yep, he is getting you trained well, your so smart for one of them dumb humans! I like a good Enzo story - Why not start a Enzo thread and use it like a diary to document Enzo's stories. Keep trying to get him into a harness, it is so much safer then just having him clipped ad haanging outside.

OP
B

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
Wrench, yeah maybe i should. Doubt it would be updated all of the time though. Ive not actually tried getting her in the harness yet but I should do as spring/summer will soon be here. Ive recently watched windnpaws youtube video on the subject so will give it a try to get used to it. Im thinking of getting a camera/micropohne setup near her cage as well as i know she chats away all the time when she's alone and people are in the house

Soyajam

Feb 9, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
Remi - Eclectus (Hatched August 2017)
That is fabulous lol (although I'm sure slightly less fabulous for you haha) That would be awesome if you could record it, I'd love to hear the change of inflection.

I like wingsnpaws but sometimes the way he talks at you I'm not into. Man he makes nice looking videos though!
There are a couple of harness videos from "Parrot Wizard" and Barbara Heidenreich if you want to watch some other approaches.

Most Reactions

Latest posts