Toy order for Fargo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Is there ANYTHING better in this world, than bird toy shopping?????

Honestly, it is just the funnest thing!!!

Fargo and i have been browsing My Safe Bird Store together for about 2 hours now :54:

I wish i was rich though, i add everything i want and then it gets to 300 dollars without postage, so you know that sad moment when you have to go through and click the 'remove from list button' ? :09:

These new toys will be put away until i leave for res school, so he will have lots of things to destroy whilst i am gone!

I just thought it was a good idea to order now, because it can take 4-6 weeks to get here!

Plus the toys we wanted were on a 30% special today!

So now he will be sorted for toys, i just have to do him a yummy special food order with his mixes and muffins and he will be ready for me to go!

Don't you just love how we put our birds as first priority?

I need to order a textbook, and order a paramedic med pack needed before the res, which is going to cost 180 dollars!

But noooo, Fargo gets all the money spent on him first.. Now i have to go to work even more days :31:

So here is what we got!

Just a giant toy filled with stuff.. He LOVE LOVE LOVESSSS coconuts!
and then just 2 other planet pleasure with woods and all other bits and pieces which he enjoys! He likes sitting and swinging on ladders as well

and then a cool little wood swing foraging toy.. His favourite toy is layers of wooden blocks, and there are little holes in them, and he has to chew the wood to get to the treats.. So i know he will love that one to chew at and get the treat..

Note- Fargo isn't like a normal macaw, he doesn't like big wood toys.. He likes medium sized ones.. If i give him a big block for actual macaws, he won't touch it, it is too challenging.. Hence medium sized ones are purchased to make him happier, even though that means he destroys it much quicker hahaha

Just a little rope and blocks for him to play on, he loves all his ropes to hang upside down on, so i got him a little one for his cage!

and a shreddy one that can he destroy and chuck the insides everywhere!

Lastly some small ones.. He LOVES soft plastic, so we got some plastic stars that can be hidden all around his cage... 2 large wiffle balls which i will use to make a toy.. and just the foraging things that can be filled with nuts... He has had one before and absolutely adored it!!!

He already has every type of acrylic foraging toy, so we didn't have to get any of them... :rolleyes:

It was 100 dollars postage.. Ouch.. But in the end it is still cheaper than buying it in Australia, and Australia doesn't even sell most of it!

This is how he has been sitting all day-

Whilst we were shopping 'Oh thank you mum let my try and kiss you whilst on your head'

Lets hope that (along with all his current toys) will be enough to keep him occupied for 3 days!!!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh well look at that timing.... As soon as i clicked purchase, the deal of the day added 20% off the big bamboo shoot toy :eek:

How lucky is that... We just saved 10 dollars ;) haha

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
How cute that you two browsed the website 'together' haha!! I could just see him picking stuff out LOL:D

Looks like a lot of really nice toys there! :)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahahaha I imagine he is doing it to suck up.. It's like he knows when he is getting toys, so he acts extra extra good ;)

It is sweet how bird owners know what their bird likes.. When i scrolled passed the coconut one i could just imagine him saying 'MUM, THAT ONE.. YEP, GET THE GIANT COCONUT ONE' :p

I am still hoping for the day when parrot toys in Australia are a bit less expensive and i don't have to order from America!

Postage actually wasn't too bad.. I was expecting it to be alot more considering the big wood toys!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I am still hoping for the day when parrot toys in Australia are a bit less expensive and i don't have to order from America!

I think they're really expensive here in US too! At least I don't need Macaw sized... now THAT can get expensive for things that don't even last long!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

I think they're really expensive here in US too! At least I don't need Macaw sized... now THAT can get expensive for things that don't even last long!

Ahhhh you are lucky, although i think the little beaks can destroy just as quickly as the big ones! ;)

It doesn't help that Fargo refuses to actually accept he is a macaw, so he thinks 'What, a huge toy? How am i meant to destroy such a big toy, i am not that strong' :20:

He has this 45 dollar toy i got him, and it hardly has a mark on it.. I think i will have to get the saw and chop it down into little bits for him :54:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
You're lucky then, if Fargo is not a heavy chewer! My guys aren't big chewers either. Robin is weird, his favorites are hard objects like hard plastic. Raven isn't too much of a chewer either... I say that as right this minute I hear him chipping at his wood toy haha! :D

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
I sadly just missed out on the deal of the day :( (but Captain Jack has a big bag of toys so he is not missing out). I do not know the price of toys in Australia but it can add up here in America. I do find that mysafebirdstore and dr fosters and smith do have toy specials and sell toys at a reasonable price. Lucky for me I only need medium toys. You are lucky too that Fargo does not prefer the giant macaw toys.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Fargo's a lucky boy, to have a mom who cares for him so. Nice toys for Fargo and mom, both!

But how girly is your bright pink med kit?!? Hahaha! (You're going to kill me for that one, I know. But you had to know it was coming, Sunshine! ;))

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I sadly just missed out on the deal of the day :( (but Captain Jack has a big bag of toys so he is not missing out). I do not know the price of toys in Australia but it can add up here in America. I do find that mysafebirdstore and dr fosters and smith do have toy specials and sell toys at a reasonable price. Lucky for me I only need medium toys. You are lucky too that Fargo does not prefer the giant macaw toys.

I do love the deals of the day, i saved a bit of money with all the discounts ! :)

Oh Captain Jack is definitely not missing out! :p

Uh, prices in Australia are either double, or at least an extra half of the price.. It is ridiculous..

The 50 dollar big huge wood toy, is 100 dollars in Australia..

Most of the foraging toys in America are between 10-30 dollars, and in Australia you are looking 20-50 dollars :(

But yes, i am lucky that he doesn't like the huge macaw ones, i don't think i could afford to keep up with his toys if he destroyed them!!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo's a lucky boy, to have a mom who cares for him so. Nice toys for Fargo and mom, both!

But how girly is your bright pink med kit?!? Hahaha! (You're going to kill me for that one, I know. But you had to know it was coming, Sunshine! ;))

Excuse me Stephen, what have you got against my girly pink med kit?!?! HUH?! :09: hahaha
Are you jealous? Is that what it is... ;)

I like to be different ok :rolleyes:

No, actually, alot of people have gotten rainbow stethoscopes :eek:

I love this light turquoise blue one, but they didn't have the matching kits.. Hence the lovely pink it is!

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Oohhhh. Fargo will have the same ladder as Bundii. She loves it. Lots of chewy things but not too big.

Fargo is a lucky birdy. :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Ohhhh does Bindi have that ladder?! :D Hopefully Fargo loves it too!

I have been wanting to order it for ages, and it is always out of stock! :p

I will worry about him less now that he will have new toys to hopefully keep his mind busy! :)

My paramedic supervisor confirmed my res school group, it will be the 25-27th of August so hopefully i will meet you and the lovely Bundii :D

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
We have had it for ages.

We will be here. Just me know what time your plane arrives and departs and I can be there.

We will defs catchup. We can meet for dinner or something as well. Bundii would love to meet you too. It's actually hubby's birthday on the 27th. :)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
What awesome toys!!!! Fargo looks like he's very excited about his haul of new toys- that pineapple one is pretty cool!!

And I love your pink med pack!! [emoji13] Terry was saying the other week how I needed a hot pink tool belt for when I'm working on jobs with hubby LOL

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I bet Fargo will be excited when that package arrives! I also like the pink med kit:) It's unique.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Is there ANYTHING better in this world, than bird toy shopping?????

Yes, actually there is. SKYDIVING!

But I get your point... Though I do more bird toy crafting than buying. (You should see their little birdie expressions when the bird toy craft box comes out... Whoo! What's he doing?! Is that for me?!)

It's funny, I never go shopping for myself. Haven't in years. Just my daughter and my birds... parenthood changes you that way.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
AWESOME splurge...I mean purchase. :D Fargo is such a lucky boy. And I LOVE your accessories, too.

Now what will it take for us to convince you to PLEASE stop blocking out that pretty face of yours? :54::(

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Now what will it take for us to convince you to PLEASE stop blocking out that pretty face of yours? :54::(

Amen! You can even pose with your new girly-pink stethoscope if that would help! :p (Okay, okay! Sorry! Not in the face!)

Most Reactions