Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I found some cool flours at Bulk Barn and tried a new bread for the guys. It was a hit:)
I used:
Red lentil flour
quinoa flour
cornmeal
sesame seeds
a little ground walnuts
Roudybush pellets
a little budgie seed for crunch
diced red,orange,green and yellow bell peppers
chopped broccoli
chopped cauliflower
grated squash
grated sweet potato
chopped carrots
3 eggs (including the shells which I baked first)
pure carrot juice for mixing it all together
Baked it in 2 glass pans so it wasn't too thick
at 350 degrees for about an hour

bread008_zps6119dd0f.jpg

bread015_zps87311913.jpg

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
That looks like an award winning recipe. How did the taste testers like it? I hope you tasted it before you offered it to the flock. :)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
The finches and other little guys LOVED it...as for the big guys, Talli, Ekko and Xander ate all theirs, but the rest were like, what is this you have the nerve to put in our bowl?
They ate it the second day, though:)
I did try it, it was really good if you could get past the baked eggshells, seed and pellets..lol.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Looks good Terry :32: my mouth was watering until you said eggshells, seeds, and pellets :11:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I made birdie bread yesterday and tried your recipe except I used almond flour instead of the red lintel flour. Popeye, Harry, Zeke, and Sweet Pea say, Thank you, Terry. Joe was disappointed when he found out the wonderful smell of baking bread wasn't for him. The birds would have been happy to share, but Joe doesn't like egg shells or seed in his bread.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yay! so glad they liked it! And it may still be tasty for Joe with some butter:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts