Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Thank you :)

I'm spanning with parrot drawings because I have time and they are quick to do. This time Jasmine:
Jasmine PL.png

Today I realized that I drew all the cockatiels from this universe wrong! According to my original idea, females should have much less yellow on their head. But.... hopefully no male cockatiels appear in the stories, so I didn't correct the previous drawings and this one is made in the same way.

moxxiethecockatoo

Jul 20, 2022
Parrots
I have previously owned one cockatiel and two budgies. I currently own one sulphur crested cockatoo

I'm spanning with parrot drawings because I have time and they are quick to do. This time Jasmine:
View attachment 42946
Today I realized that I drew all the cockatiels from this universe wrong! According to my original idea, females should have much less yellow on their head. But.... hopefully no male cockatiels appear in the stories, so I didn't correct the previous drawings and this one is made in the same way.
I'd say hopefully too because that's pretty.
Well here's an idea, I mean since this is a story you're creating you have the right to make your characters how you want.
But if you have a male cockatiel come in, maybe make his body grey?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I'd say hopefully too because that's pretty.
Well here's an idea, I mean since this is a story you're creating you have the right to make your characters how you want.
But if you have a male cockatiel come in, maybe make his body grey?
No more cockatiels in my stories. I finished the idea 2 years ago, now I'm just writing. The continuation is very doubtful and even if I would decide to do it, most of the characters are macaws. But if there were more cockatiels - both males and females can be lutino and I can't give them grey colors because they wouldn't be lutino any longer. I could make them just more yellowish. With the wild (natural) version I could make as I wanted originally - females would have def less yellow.

Last edited:

moxxiethecockatoo

Jul 20, 2022
Parrots
I have previously owned one cockatiel and two budgies. I currently own one sulphur crested cockatoo
No more cockatiels in my stories. I finished the idea 2 years ago, now I'm just writing. The continuation is very doubtful and even if I would decide to do it, most of the characters are macaws. But if there were more cockatiels - both males and females can be lutino and I can't give them grey colors because they wouldn't be lutino any longer. I could make them just more yellow. With the wild (natural) version I could make as I wanted originally - females would have def less yellow.
Oh wow I'm late then ๐Ÿ˜… Well still, I really admire your art

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I think i need to borrow Rio from the library and watch it with my birds!
Honestly when I started writing Parrot Land I wasn't so much into Rio (I mean - I liked but not as much as other movies/series) but somehow recently this made me "reminding" about this movie duology and rewatched it after few years ๐Ÿคช Now, it's kinda fun for me to remake its characters as mine:p

Here's Martin's ex-girlfriend:
ruby macaw.png

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I'm terrible at backgrounds, I did it more basic than basic๐Ÿ˜ I was too lazy and too sleepy (I'll post it and I will go sleeping) to add windowsills or some chairs...

Wojtek TPS0202.png

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I drew a chorus... This one isn't good but I just felt I need to draw it because of my another small crisis
chorus.png

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Parrot Land universe again...
Veronica's parents:
1663172871854.png

In this pose her mother looks like Daniel... but she has different featherstyle

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Prob I'm crazy to do it... let's say it's the first "teaser" of my story idea... but I don't know if I will write, it depends on if I give up the idea and if I will be feeling safe to share it

PL Lost Island.png

This took me 4 days, maybe it means that my thoughts are right - I'm gonna make the continuation better the original Parrot Land which sucks. But I always have to ruin something. And the most often ruined part is the end.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
R
Prob I'm crazy to do it... let's say it's the first "teaser" of my story idea... but I don't know if I will write, it depends on if I give up the idea and if I will be feeling safe to share it

View attachment 44469

This took me 4 days, maybe it means that my thoughts are right - I'm gonna make the continuation better the original Parrot Land which sucks. But I always have to ruin something. And the most often ruined part is the end.
these drawings are great! Your parrots show a lot of personality. I really like Veronicaโ€™s mom.

I thought when you showed a โ€œchorusโ€ of macaws that you meant a โ€œchorus lineโ€ which would be very funny and cute if you showed a line of macaw Rockettes dancing.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Thank you Heather! :)At the beginning I wanted to write that there's no Veronica's mother in the quoted post, but I guess you just quoted it and it's in general about the latest art.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots

View attachment 42946
I changed my mind and changed the female lutino cockatiel design. I'm not gonna draw Jasmine and Wendy again but I drew Yolanda's head according to my original idea. I'll show it later in another thread. I just was feeling too bad with the male design for females. It's not like I wanted 2 years ago.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I changed my mind and changed the female lutino cockatiel design. I'm not gonna draw Jasmine and Wendy again but I drew Yolanda's head according to my original idea. I'll show it later in another thread. I just was feeling too bad with the male design for females. It's not like I wanted 2 years ago.
Remember you are accomplishing more than most of us who are viewing your thread!

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
View attachment 41939
Honestly he is the hardest character to draw... but somehow I did it๐Ÿ˜ฎ
I had an idea to draw him with his guitar... but I knew it could be too hard for me
I... Did it. And not only him but the full band
9bba70c2-212d-4f0a-ab85-29553a7c8387.png

This took me 9 days but I did it! (8 days not counting one kinda busy day)
Ignore some details like curved instruments elements, they were so hard - and drawing macaws playing was hard too, it was hard to imagine how their "feather-fingers" pose - they are longer than human fingers

It may be my last art related to the original Parrot Land stories

Most Reactions

Latest posts