May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Human and parrot version of Veronica
Veronicas.png

The human version has a long braid but I made it behind her because I was drawing her braid yesterday and I was almost crying doing it ๐Ÿ˜

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Human and parrot version of Veronica
View attachment 45150
The human version has a long braid but I made it behind her because I was drawing her braid yesterday and I was almost crying doing it ๐Ÿ˜
I love your translations from human to bird and how you show the body language of the bird!!

Braids are a repeating pattern. Although itโ€™s easier to draw the tail of the braid and harder to draw the part where the hair grows from your head and is portioned into the braid. I bet you could find photos of light haired people online and figure it out.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Thanks Heather
Braids are a repeating pattern.
Yeah, believe me or not - I was drawing repeating the pattern, then I wanted to correct something and then I forgot how I was doing it and couldn't recall how I was doing it, even looking on what I have done. I think it's possible only with me, my memory gets worse and worse

But I keep noticing your parrots need two toes pointing backwards. Unless I am just not seeing them from the front because a toe is hidden โ€œbehindโ€ the leg?
Actually - at the begging I was skipping the 4th toe because of Rio style but then I realized that originally I wanted to fix this mistake, so currently I draw 4 toes, sometimes the smallest one isn't visible (Jacob is one of my my last ones done in the 3-toe way). Veronica from my last post is my old art but before posting her I edited her adding the 4th toe - on PC it's not really visible but if you zoom, you can spot it (better visible on her right foot because on the left one there's just one toe visible behind and very weakly)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Two years ago I decided to draw a GCC for Christmas. One year later I decided to do a remake in more current way, just different mutation... This year my way was changed again, so why not to do it again...

2020 version
2020Christmas.jpg

2021 version
1638735313464.png

(sorry, I just realized, it isn't the clipped version ๐Ÿ˜)
And 2022 version
1670333594447.png

Last edited:
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I still donโ€™t get why the geeen birds have no beak. Otherwise I think the drawings are great! Quite professional. Maybe you could make a comic strip like ChickenThoughts or Potatopatito or FalseKnees.
Thanks.
It's because he wears a mask, that's why the beak isn't visible. One day I will draw him without the mask

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Thanks.
It's because he wears a mask, that's why the beak isn't visible. One day I will draw him without the mask
Maybe you should draw the mask, unless itโ€™s a plot point that you canโ€™t see the mask or tell that they are wearing it. Right now it looks like they have no mouth and only eyes.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Maybe you should draw the mask, unless itโ€™s a plot point that you canโ€™t see the mask or tell that they are wearing it. Right now it looks like they have no mouth and only eyes.
The mask is drawn (I marked it read)
mask.png

Probably, I designed the masks so terrible, so it isn't really visible... (+the character above decided to dye himself green, like his mask, so maybe it's even harder to spot it in his case)

Anyway, probably it's the last time when I draw them with masks

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
OH!! Iโ€™m sorry! I thought you meant face mask, like a COVID mask, covering only the mouth and nose (or beak) you mean a mask over the whole face.

Now I understand. I did not before. Thatโ€™s why I kept asking.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Btw talking of the "masked parrots" - I have one art of them not posted here at all yet
1670686178343.png

So, it's the first time when I share it on the forum

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Two years ago I decided to draw a GCC for Christmas. One year later I decided to do a remake in more current way, just different mutation... This year my way was changed again, so why not to do it again...

2020 version
View attachment 46112
2021 version
View attachment 46113
(sorry, I just realized, it isn't the clipped version ๐Ÿ˜)
And 2022 version
View attachment 46114
These drawings would work very well for embroidery designs, like canvases for needlepoint.

You could probably make some income with this. Are you a design student?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
These drawings would work very well for embroidery designs, like canvases for needlepoint.

You could probably make some income with this. Are you a design student?
Nope, I don't study design.

I don't want to make any income with my art, it's only for fun. I don't feel it would be fair because I often use ready poses, just remaking them (eg the parrot with the hat, it was ready drawing, I changed just colors to make it a conure) or redrawing some other elements (eg the tree house from the background)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I have been wanting to make a Quaker needlepoint for a walk hanging or Christmas stocking and that drawing could totally be used on a stocking.

I have sold a bit of art and the commissions helped me out (for having spending money to make more art). I want to learn how to make a quilt and I think then I might sell it.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Roz, your holiday parrots are amazing!!! Honestly, all of your art is. Thank you so much for sharing:)

Most Reactions