Trying some art

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
I made one more. 3 first drawings were done based on photos on mobile, the last one was partly from memory (too hard to me) and this is based on photo from computer (this made a big difference to me). It was for testing. No more previous ways
cdc70210f387b02ef7485ce09bea6ebf.jpg

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka
WHOA

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Noo dont resign we all start of bad (u havnt seen mine)- u will get better after time, practice and patience:)!
This year I came back with a new step to my way. It was just because I started writing a fanfiction story and I haven't seen ANY fanfic writers (at least these who I know) who don't draw at all... so I felt I should return
Btw the resign it the quoted post was about the type of art which drawings aren't visible here any longer and it sure - I will never come back to that way. I prefer this from the last post

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
So, I've written it was for my fanfic stories. Two days ago I started drawing one of the main characters. It is so hard for me, I have not drawn humans since I was in the school. I Know it looks terrible, but I haven't finished it (work in progress). I'm publishing 'cause I think I need a bit of help. I made her shoes black, because she prefers not being so visible... But now I think I should change them because the laces are not really visible🤔
e36701b0-6e3f-4a25-8d59-d52b5201cffb.png

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
So, I've written it was for my fanfic stories. Two days ago I started drawing one of the main characters. It is so hard for me, I have not drawn humans since I was in the school. I Know it looks terrible, but I haven't finished it (work in progress). I'm publishing 'cause I think I need a bit of help. I made her shoes black, because she prefers not being so visible... But now I think I should change them because the laces are not really visible🤔
View attachment 30899
Oh my gosh, the character is a copy paste of me xD same nose, same ears, same glasses I had before. That brown hair. Wants to stay hidden. IT IS A SIGN. I KNEW SOMEONE FOLLOWED ME.

I like the pose, btw. Sadly I don't have solid tips for shoes, using references is a HUGE help. Regarding the style I really love the simple colouring on the left - the light gray part I would make it even lighter - so it is visible to us. Because it is a grey scale, in real life it is not eye catching, so you'll be fine with that.

I used to write fanfics like 10-15 years ago when I was really into mangas and animes, but I guess I kind of grew out of it. For a LONG time I really wish to write my own fantasy story, but every time I start writing I just don't like my writing style, despite I (think) have a solid story.

What sort of Fanfic are you writing? It has been so many years since I have read any.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Haha, don't worry I haven't follow you :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: She is partly based on me, I was trying to make her to not so much similar to me but still with some common things.
To be honest - I don't like saying what exactly I'm writing because it's based on a cartoon for children. Originally it was supposed to be just in my head, I was hiding it from everybody. This year I discovered such thing like "fanfiction" and I thought my newest "series" is quite ok to publish (but I still don't really like mention it, however older ones are even worse)
And thanks for the suggestion
Btw "the light grey part" you mean the part on the shoes? The grey color on both sides of her will disappear, it's not supposed to be there

Last edited:
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
So, I decided to make her shoes brown and lighter the grey part.
It's so terrible, probably it's the last time I'm trying to draw a human. Hopefully she is the only main human character.
If I do other parrot characters, I can share (but now I won't really have time)

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
So, I decided to make her shoes brown and lighter the grey part.
It's so terrible, probably it's the last time I'm trying to draw a human. Hopefully she is the only main human character.
If I do other parrot characters, I can share (but now I won't really have time)
your better then me when it comes to humans- mine look like someone- idk what that someone did but theyve seen stuff

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Anyway, I hope it's my last try of drawing humans - to be honest I don't like drawing them. Definitely I prefer parrots. But I made this one exception because she is one of the main characters... Here's my final effect and to be honest - I hate it.
Natalie Clarke TP.png

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Gorgeous images, don't worry about anatomical precision. Sometimes a bit of caricature expressing dominant features is quite welcome!!
thank you. It's not supposed to show dominant features. My imagine of the parrots is a bit like Paulie from "Paulie" movie - he talks, but as a bird he doesn't really show expressions. Because I'm not able to draw realistic I cross with the cartoon style.

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
Here are few very talented people who make so beautiful parrot arts. I sometimes feel I wanna also do it but I'm not good. As a child I did many drawings. Ones were better, other worse but none really good. Last year I tried to draw a lorikeet - the sketch was good but coloring destroyed evrything:( The problem of bad coloring I had also as a child. Rcently I wanted to try drawing but on a device - then I wouldn't have to worry about the coloring. The best solution probably would be a graphics tablet but I'm not going to buy it because I'm not talented and don't have much time. I looked for an app and tried to do something. It is a conure sketch. What do you think about it? The head seems to be a bit weird to me...

81688009_627094274728791_4761814976761430016_n.png

The first parrot which I'm doing is a yellow sided green cheeked conure. The sketch above would be universal to all conure species but I don't know yet if there is any sense... Once time I was looking for GCC drawings done by me as a child. I did only one, the "normal" one:
file.php

Now you can see how really bad "artist" I was... and I am
this is adorable! Thank you for sharing :orange: 🥰

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Thank you all for nice words :)
I've never mention this until today - but almost 2 years ago I had another story series idea... and something happened that today I drew one of the main characters:
Veronica PL.png

because it is another series, also the style is a bit changed (from cartoon/reality to full cartoon) - it is the first time, and I know it doesn't look really good.
And I've been thinkin' - I could make a challenge and try to write the story on the forum but first I'd like to know what do you think about it? It's about a fictional place where there are no people, but parrots replacing them. And warning: in the beginning there's quite a lot of fight between the main characters and their enemies - just because the illustrated character is a hybrid and the "bad" parrots think she shouldn't be alive (no blood)
If you don't like the idea and don't want to make me sad - just don't write instead of writing "it's your choice" or even lying. I just wanna avoid writing stupid things.
(Probably I'm writing the suggestion cos my previous works - drawings and "mini-encyclopedia" had positive opinions... but this one in my opinion is risky)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Thank you all for nice words :)
I've never mention this until today - but almost 2 years ago I had another story series idea... and something happened that today I drew one of the main characters:
View attachment 32384
because it is another series, also the style is a bit changed (from cartoon/reality to full cartoon) - it is the first time, and I know it doesn't look really good.
And I've been thinkin' - I could make a challenge and try to write the story on the forum but first I'd like to know what do you think about it? It's about a fictional place where there are no people, but parrots replacing them. And warning: in the beginning there's quite a lot of fight between the main characters and their enemies - just because the illustrated character is a hybrid and the "bad" parrots think she shouldn't be alive (no blood)
If you don't like the idea and don't want to make me sad - just don't write instead of writing "it's your choice" or even lying. I just wanna avoid writing stupid things.
(Probably I'm writing the suggestion cos my previous works - drawings and "mini-encyclopedia" had positive opinions... but this one in my opinion is risky)
Wow, it looks great! And the story sounds awesome. Don't be afraid to share!

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Wow, it looks great! And the story sounds awesome. Don't be afraid to share!

Thank you:)
Really? Isn't it just because of being too nice? Or maybe I am afraid cos I know the background of creating :p
Btw I forgot - there are two quite dramatic moments - mentioned hate to hybrids and alcoholism (but reaching the second thing could take me even 2 years, depending on how often I'd had a writing mode)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I've already started writing here the mentioned story (Parrot Land) but probably I'll give up it. However I decided to draw the second main character. Recently I saw drawings of a person who likes drawing characters in two ways: non-human and human. Because I have two story series universes which are done in a similar way ("human" and "non-human" version) I decided to compare the character (a bit like she) from Parrot Land and her substitute in the original (human) version (I hope you understand what I mean)
Natalies.png

TP-universe = The Talking Parrots (my original series - the first idea was in 2012)
PL-universe - Parrot Land

And you'll never change my mind - I'm SO terrible in humans (and I don't like drawing them btw)

Most Reactions