Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
In general I don't like drawing humans but today something happened that I tried to draw the human version of Bart (for these who don't know - I mean a character from my story series).
Ignore the disproportions (especially in the perspective), it was so hard!!
Bartki.png

Note: I decided to write in which version the characters are drawn because both of them have a bit different look at the beginning and now/at the end.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
In general I don't like drawing humans but today something happened that I tried to draw the human version of Bart (for these who don't know - I mean a character from my story series).
Ignore the disproportions (especially in the perspective), it was so hard!!
View attachment 37171
Note: I decided to write in which version the characters are drawn because both of them have a bit different look at the beginning and now/at the end.
Just a small update
Bartki2.png

Now both characters are drawn in the current version

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I've been thinking about posting a comparison of my old and new artwork.
Artur 10 lat.png

I hate my old work, normally I avoid posting it. But somehow I wanted to research my first drawings of my characters used for my (un)written stories (the CAG is the same character on both drawings)
Today I discovered a shocking fact: the old drawing is actually a prototype because it was made before creating "TP-universe" :eek:
Fanfact: The old drawing is a part of unfinished childish calendar (Well, I was a child then). I don't remember why I didn't finish it - maybe I counted all the parrot characters wrong because originally there were supposed to be 11 parrots, so one too little to make drawings for all months😝

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I've been thinking about posting a comparison of my old and new artwork.
View attachment 39428
I hate my old work, normally I avoid posting it. But somehow I wanted to research my first drawings of my characters used for my (un)written stories (the CAG is the same character on both drawings)
Today I discovered a shocking fact: the old drawing is actually a prototype because it was made before creating "TP-universe" :eek:
Fanfact: The old drawing is a part of unfinished childish calendar (Well, I was a child then). I don't remember why I didn't finish it - maybe I counted all the parrot characters wrong because originally there were supposed to be 11 parrots, so one too little to make drawings for all months😝
Hey, it's good to look at your old art and see the improvement. I have so many old art on my PC that I want to delete SO badly, but I like seeing my improvement sooo yeah.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Hey, it's good to look at your old art and see the improvement. I have so many old art on my PC that I want to delete SO badly, but I like seeing my improvement sooo yeah.
well, I have a folder full of my old drawings. I've never been thinking about throwing out them, I just prefer keep them not showing anyone (alright almost everyone... I've made few exceptions - it's the third old drawing I posted on PF)

Btw yesterday I thought up a crazy idea to make a music video using my artwork :ROFLMAO: But, no I won't make it. It could take me few weeks to make it and I have other things to do

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Probably I'm crazy why did I do it - I don't know. I've been thinking about making a poster for another story, but so far only Parrot Land has one:
PLmain.png

(and idk why I crosspost it. Maybe because different people look at these two threads and it suits to both)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Lol, why did I discover how to use functions I wanted to use before so late? I mean - I already know how to make invisible background... if I knew it before, my mini-comics would like a bit better (or at least they would be easier to make). Anyway, I don't need it now...
Recently I don't really draw and write, maybe because I've seen videos about a guy I know from another forum and now I'm a bit afraid of people who look for such "lolcows" to make fun at them (I hope to not be a "lolcow")
However today I made another drawing - according to my calculations today it's 10th year since I thought up this stupid story (don't ask how I calculated it - I remember tiny thing which helped me), so I made a "poster" for it, despite it's not even written.
TPS01.png

It's not good because I'm terrible in drawing parrots in flight.
Ps. Also, it is the first drawing for this story series ever made just for this forum

Also, it may be my last drawing. I don't know if I will be drawing yet. I'm just feelin' that I'm doing wrong things.... I feel like I never should mention "The Talking Parrots" or "Parrot Land". It's just my silly brain. Some people have good stories but not me.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Recently I don't really draw and write, maybe because I've seen videos about a guy I know from another forum and now I'm a bit afraid of people who look for such "lolcows" to make fun at them (I hope to not be a "lolcow")
Try not to take it personally, those kind of people just have too much free time and/or don't care/know that their actions cqn impact others, in a bad way.

That guy is a jerk. You know, this forum is a judge-free zone(thanks to the amazing moderators and wonderful members here), so don't worry about us making fun of you.
View attachment 40094
It's not good because I'm terrible in drawing parrots in flight.
Ps. Also, it is the first drawing for this story series ever made just for this forum
I personally think the parrot looks very cute!
Also, it may be my last drawing. I don't know if I will be drawing yet. I'm just feelin' that I'm doing wrong things.... I feel like I never should mention "The Talking Parrots" or "Parrot Land". It's just my silly brain. Some people have good stories but not me.
I enjoy the Parrot Land story, and so do many other members here.

Please don't quit because other people are making fun of you, if you don't enjoy art/writing then it's fine, but you're in control of your choices, not other people.

Either way, I respect your choice :)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
That guy is a jerk. You know, this forum is a judge-free zone(thanks to the amazing moderators and wonderful members here), so don't worry about us making fun of you.
I believe you. I don't mean anybody here - but outside.

I enjoy the Parrot Land story, and so do many other members here.
Correction: Not many other members. There are just few.

On one hand I don't really want to give up Parrot Land. The most silly part is already written - the best is unwritten yet (IMO). I just recently have so many thoughts because of videos and pages I saw about another person... I don't really even know how to explain it... I am on two other sites which have such videos about weirdest members. So far I've never been even mentioned. Just seen my nickname on one of the videos.

Thanks Pipp

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Note: Maybe I should write "One of the last drawings" because honestly I doubt this is exactly the last one.
I came back to drawing just because of the stories (I make non-story related only for requests). I discovered that somehow I like writing even if nobody reads it. But after one year I'm starting to feel weird.... like I never should even begin. But I think I'll finish Parrot Land - and during finishing I can make more drawings for it.

Also, I've been thinking about revealing a bit of "The Talking Parrots" stories but rn I doubt I'll do it.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Try not to take it personally, those kind of people just have too much free time and/or don't care/know that their actions cqn impact others, in a bad way.
I've realized something....

I revisited the forum which has a thread about the stupid fanfic from another forum I am (and sometimes they discuss also other members - hopefully I've never been mentioned) and I discovered that they have a subforum for multiple language speakers (it is much bigger forum than this one) and there's a thread for Poles. I don't have any big troubles in understanding English but I have troubles in realizing what exactly kind of language people speak - I mean, only after reading few posts in Polish I realized what kind of people they are. I don't really know how to explain it - it's that kind which always was teasing me as a child.

Now I'm feeling a bit better. It was just a forum which "collects" such people who like laughing at others. I agree that we have weirdos among us. But normal people don't really care about them - when for the first time I visited a site made one of our infamous members (not knowing any bigger details about his work), my thoughts were something like "Oh? Ok? I'm not interested" or "Gosh, why did you upload such creepy art, I know, you have much better ones" but I wasn't going deeper in the details ... he did it - it's his business. Why to write about it on the Internet?

Sorry for making such offtopic in this thread. I just was feeling lost recently because I have some drawings and stories on a site which was "owned" by the mentioned above person. But the fact of being on the same two pages as he, doesn't mean I am the same, does it? And even if somebody would want to make me as some kind of a "lolcow" - I don't care. So I'm staying with this what I've been doing. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I thought that maybe because my drawings are more likeable than my story, so maybe the drawings made for it, should be here instead of in the story thread, so here's Alex from Parrot Land.
Alex PL.png

Honestly he is the hardest character to draw... but somehow I did it😮
I had an idea to draw him with his guitar... but I knew it could be too hard for me

Last edited:
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I decided to draw the human version of this:
C22.png

TP Natalie, Veronica.png

It was supposed to be with the background but it was too hard and deleted it because it looks better without it. But the background would be similar as in the parrot version, with the block of flats.
Also, it was the first attempt of drawing human Veronica...
It's not perfect, it was too hard to do it as I wanted... but fine. I hardly ever draw humans.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Drawing has always been lost on me as I have never developed beyond stick drawings. However, with Woodworking, I have greatly improved over the years. Recently, I was asked to replace a piece that I had created for my brother some 45 years ago and when provided, and set next to the old piece the transformation in my abilities was fully on displace.

It would be easy to 'hate' my long-ago piece, but I do not because, the differences in my abilities is not what is important, the fact that what I had created all those years ago had been used and enjoyed. Please stop 'hating' as what you had created is still loved and displays the growth of your abilities. That is to be loved and used to highlight your growth. Such things are wonderful and greatly loved.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
These are all good drawings.

They aren’t fake; you don’t just copy how someone else draws. I really like them. You are definitely able to put what you see onto the paper and not just what you think should be there.

And I love the cartooning and exaggerated or cute effects on the “parrot land” birds.

Also, drawing people hugging is difficult. You did a good job showing how the arms go and how the two women lean into each other. I’m sorry the picture appears sad.

I think you have definite talent and I love your cartoon parrots! I hope you are saving them. If you went to art school now you must not only do work by hand but also digital/via computer.

P.s. I like to draw and paint but I get so anxious that I will do something “not perfect” that I get stuck thinking and can’t work. You have done the work and put it online. That is a real accomplishment.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Also, drawing people hugging is difficult. You did a good job showing how the arms go and how the two women lean into each other. I’m sorry the picture appears sad.
actually it wasn't so hard because currently I always search for ready poses and redraw them. The worst part was to draw the braid because I had no reference except of different pictures I was looking and correcting my picture all the time. And I think it's the most important part why I wrote "isn't perfect". Actually my goal isn't to draw perfect because I don't want wasting so much time to improve my level to perfection. I'm ok when it's just fine.

Thank you, Heather

Most Reactions

Latest posts