TV Advert - Mishka

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
what about sounds of the rainforest, would that work?
you can buy dvd's.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
what about sounds of the rainforest, would that work?
you can buy dvd's.

Great minds think alike !!!

I have got video's with sounds of the rainforest, but do not want Mishka to make those sounds........ ;)

Every single time I speak to him I mentioned the word forest...... guess who will be dreaming about a forest ME not Mishka hahaha

:grey:

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Progress was made

When awaking this morning I asked Mishka where would he like to go
He replied "The forest mommy"

We are getting there, slowly but surely

I am so proud of my baby !!!!

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
That is so exciting!!!!

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
CONTGTATULATIONS !!! I always knew mishka was a star ,
Wasn't surprised he got this . Love conservation ads .When the commercial is done could you post it on here ?

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
CONTGTATULATIONS !!! I always knew mishka was a star ,
Wasn't surprised he got this . Love conservation ads .When the commercial is done could you post it on here ?

Thanks Birdlover Mishka will always be my star famous or not.

They are on their way at this very moment......

Will keep ya all updated

cockatielgirl

Banned
Banned
May 30, 2013
Nottingham uk
Parrots
2 tiels,
molly~1 year old
and
tinker bell~3 year old
wow that's amazing Mishkas the best talking parrot in the world.I know he can do it!
well done!!!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
good luck today(Saturday) to both of you!!....what a roller coaster ride this will be,LOL

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I am speechless (for the first time in my life) LoL

Mishka out did himself, he truly is a star in the making.

I am so proud of my baby

Three of them arrived
The sound engineer – John Culverwell
The creative director – George Low
The copywriter – Henk Lustig

I introduced them to Barbara (GF) and to Mishka
Mishka was petrified, sat towards the end of the cage, just listening.
We sat chatting discussing what needed to be done.
The script was mentioned, everyone suggesting something new and different coming up with fantastic ideas.

They initially wanted a voice over, it is for a radio commercial.

I took Mishka out the cage and placed him on his play stand. They wanted to video him talking, to check the sound and the mic etc.

The moment Mishka saw the camera he performed like a true star

He began talking........

Dogs outside began barking Mishka said "Mommy can you hear the doggies barking?
Did you hear the car (made the appropriate sounds)
"I want to go to the bathroom to poopie did you poopie?"
"I want to kiss you because I love you"
"Hey you nincompoop"
"The birdies are outside washing mommy"
"Do you want to go shower in the water (sounds) and bubbles (sounds)

I made us a well deserved cup of coffee, Mishka was too excited to eat or drink anything.

I then began asking Mishka questions

"What is mommy drinking?" - "Mommy is drinking coffee"
"Where has Stevaliekie gone?" - "Stevaliekie has gone to the hospital"
"Do you love Sean?" - "I miss Sean I want to kiss Sean mommy"

They could not believe it was a bird talking, they were dumbfounded. Saying Mishka is the first bird that they have heard, who talks so clearly, one would think it was a human talking.

They then did a video recording of Mishka on my lap, interviewing me asking me many questions about Mishka and how I train him.

I noticed Mishka took an instant liking to John, whenever he spoke Mishka tilted his head. I asked John to whistle Mishka immediately began imitating his whistle.
Mishka wanted to go to John, I told him exactly how to handle Mishka. Within minutes they were best friends. Henk began taking pictures, he could not believe how friendly Mishka was.

The end result :

They are hiring me a camera and a mic to video and record Mishka whenever I am able to.

I must re-write the script for them (knowing what Mishka is able to say)
from the begining to the end

Mishka's first "job" will be the voice over

Mishka will be used in many TV adverts

A documentary will be made how an advert is made when as bird is in the ad.

They are also wanting to do a documentary on Mishka, from when I became his guardian, how he began talking and how I train him.

The three of them agreed on

Mishka has the most talking ability and they are going to utilize it fully

I am still numb with shock

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

WOW!!! I am SO happy that it went so well! That is probably an understatement though. It went SO much better than anybody could have ever expected! :D

You must be floating above the ground with joy and pride right about now. I know I would be. :)

WAY to go, Mishka & Ant!!!

I got goosebumps reading about what all transpired. Oh my gosh, Ant, I am SO happy for you, and SO proud of Mishka!!

kendrafitz

Jul 14, 2012
Central NJ
Parrots
Rosie the Green Winged Macaw
Wow!!! I am so excited for you both! Excited too for the awareness Mishka will bring. Way to go Mishka!!!!' :)

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Antoinette, that's brilliant news! Of course we all knew Mishka would shine because he's unique! My whole family sends hearty congratulations including a big fat 'Hullo' from The Beaks. You will promise to put up the ads as soon as you're allowed, won't you? We're all hanging out to see Mishka do his stuff as a professional Working Bird. :D

Lindylou277

May 3, 2012
FL & NH
Parrots
Coqui, 9 yr old female B/G Macaw
Wonderful! What a tremendous result to all the training + Mishka's natural talent!
Congratulations and Good Luck to You both during the process. Hope you enjoy it!

Lindylou277

May 3, 2012
FL & NH
Parrots
Coqui, 9 yr old female B/G Macaw
Wow! I was responding to the potential advert .... And I come back and the first meeting is done!! Congratulations to you and Mishka.
Guess I missed several pages of posts!!!! I'm up to speed now!!!!

Last edited:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Wow, just got a chance to read this. How exciting! I am not surprised everything went so well with Mishka! She is an amazing grey. Good luck with the rest of the process. Hopefully being a star won't go to Mishka's head. LOL! :D

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

WOW!!! I am SO happy that it went so well! That is probably an understatement though. It went SO much better than anybody could have ever expected! :D

You must be floating above the ground with joy and pride right about now. I know I would be. :)

WAY to go, Mishka & Ant!!!

I got goosebumps reading about what all transpired. Oh my gosh, Ant, I am SO happy for you, and SO proud of Mishka!!

Thanks so much
Do you recall in the begining, when receiving the first e-mail, I was not interested at all, you were the one who got me excited?

I am so happy as well that all went well, much better than ever expected.
Mishka never ceases to amaze me, it was like he knew he had to perform and what a performance..... So proud of him.

I re-wrote the script this morning, Mishka is loving it, listening tilting his head and whistling (that's how I know he is interested in it)

:grey::grey:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks so much
Do you recall in the begining, when receiving the first e-mail, I was not interested at all, you were the one who got me excited?

I am so happy as well that all went well, much better than ever expected.
Mishka never ceases to amaze me, it was like he knew he had to perform and what a performance..... So proud of him.

I re-wrote the script this morning, Mishka is loving it, listening tilting his head and whistling (that's how I know he is interested in it)

:grey::grey:

Oh yes, I remember the initial contact very well. :)

I can't wait to see where this is going to go. :D I know it will be most EXCELLENT.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back