Two GCC and a Rock Conure Fly into a Forum...meet Buddy, Widget, and Cheerio!

JoMo

May 31, 2023
Parrots
Two green cheek conure brothers and their sister, a black capped conure
I'm the "flock leader" to these three little feathered rascals, my human name is Jess. The two Green Cheek Conures are brothers from the same hatch, Buddy and Widget (nicknamed Baby and Cutie respectively). I had adopted them after their previous family could no longer care for them at 4 months old, and as of today, they just turned 10! The Rock Conure (aka Black Capped) is their sister from another mister named Cheerio (aka Ducky, as she likes to quack), a "rescue" from Petco after watching months of her health declining (she chewed her tail feathers off into nothing, wasn't grooming herself, only had poop in her water, etc). After many years of work, she's doing much better now! Fun fact about Cheerio: wasn't aware she was a female until this past spring, she laid two eggs overnight at the age of 10!

Happy to be part of this community now, been a past lurker but thought I'd finally officially join in!

Attachments

• 1690909899996.jpeg
    1690909899996.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 22

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
"Two GCC and a Rock Conure Fly into a Forum Bar" and ask for a beer. The bartender says " That'll be $15. Say, we dont get many GCC or Rock Conures in here!" And the conures all say, together, "SQUACK - these prices are for the birds! "

Welcome and be welcomed!

Most Reactions

Latest posts