TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Ok, so Christy and I were at another pet store today and we saw a bird that both of us didn't recognize. I am going to try to describe it to you guys maybe you would know what it was ... the chest was RED (like a female ekie) the wings were green (like a Jenday), its head had red cheeks but the rest of the crown area was black. It was about the size of a larger conure (cherry-headed, mitred, nanday) maybe a little bigger. Anyone have any ideas? Of course I didn't have my camera with me, just a crappy camera phone so the pictures will not help at all ...

~ :50:

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
did it look kinda like this?

vorenbc-1.jpg

if so then its a vorens black capped conure

it varries in colour. some vorens have stronger red shades on tehre cheek and chest.

http://www.voren.com/photogal/blkcap.htm

Last edited:
OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
ooo I like that!! it has a tie-die to it....:57: woodstock here I come!!! wait all you who arnt native prolly dont know what that is....
think lots of "hippies" drinking, smoking, and having sexual contact in public (prolly from all the drinking and smoking) Matter of fact the last woodstock I saw on the new that there was a guy who spent the whole concert (couple days) just wearing a sock over his who-ha, and that was just to keep it fom getting sunburned LOL

vorenbc-1.jpg

vorens black capped conure

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Is there a reason they don't usually mark the birds, or just something they do (or don't do)

We have a pet store here who always mark the birds, unfortunately they are never the right birds for the names on the cages. You'd think they'd check that wouldn't ya.

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Is there a reason they don't usually mark the birds, or just something they do (or don't do)

We have a pet store here who always mark the birds, unfortunately they are never the right birds for the names on the cages. You'd think they'd check that wouldn't ya.

Maybe they want to make you ask about the bird... that way they can also try to talk you into buying it :D

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
It could be at this store that they are also too lazy. They had the prices for all the birds on a wipe board back in December and as they were sold, they were erased. They have not since put any more information on the board. And they have a lot of new birds. Also, we tried to talk to one the employees once and she just seemed too busy to be bothered. Not the nicest staff in the store.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
OMG makes ya wonder how they make a living when you get that one who is "far to busy to be bothered with potential customers" :eek: Believe me we have staff like that over here as well.

Most Reactions

Latest posts