Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
2 Greys-Annie & Roscoe
1 Red Fronted Macaw-Reggie
2 Senegals-Goofy & Lucky
2 Lovebirds
11 Cockatiels
1 Pigeon
Just an update on the health of momma cockatiel that had the sticky head. I took her to the vet and she has a little bit of a yeast infection and the bacteria (good stuff) was high. She is on baytril and something for the yeast infection. She is also thin so we are hoping she will gain some more weight. It has been 3 days and she is still vomitting a little bit which I think is the cause for the sticky head. She has a great appetite but not sure how much stays down. We were also told to massage her crop area. If she doesn't get better, she will have to be xrayed and have blood work done. Her hubby (daddy bird) has been taking good care of her also. Keep your fingers crossed that she gets better....:D

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Aw, I'm so glad that the mystery is solved and you went to the vet!! I'm sure she'll be back in top condition in no time, with you and her hubby taking care of her. I'll send good thoughts your way to help :)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'm so glad that you took her to the vets, I'm sure that now with all the care she's getting she'll be getting better soon. Sending you and mama all positive thoughts from this end. Please keep us informed.

Keupi

Aug 16, 2007
Connecticut
Parrots
Keupi - a Senegal.
Ask your vet if you can have some baby bird formula to give to her. Be careful when heating up (hot spots in the microwave), however, it's sometimes easier on 'trouble tummies.'

OP
azbirdlover

azbirdlover

Aug 2, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
2 Greys-Annie & Roscoe
1 Red Fronted Macaw-Reggie
2 Senegals-Goofy & Lucky
2 Lovebirds
11 Cockatiels
1 Pigeon
Well, we thought she was getting better but we may be taking her back to the vet tomorrow as she is still vomitting. They want to do X-rays and blood work. My biggest concern is her weight. Today, she seemed to be doing better so we may wait until next week. She does eat and drink and I've been giving her a real good all grain bread that she has been eating. I hope she pulls thru.....Thanks for prayers!!:)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah go for the baby formula, it has everything they need in it. Please let us know how things are going.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
How much baby is in that stuff now?
I hear its almost all synthetic baby in some of them.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
HA HA HA --- someone's always the comedian ...

Seriously though, here in the US they stopped putting real babies in the baby food a few years ago, people were complaining :rolleyes: ... Reall, though I just want them to put the girl scouts back into the cookies ... they tasted so much better that way.

~ :50:

Most Reactions

Latest posts