update on David..

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
David, Dear New Friend..

Your Dear Brother, Jim, has been a longtime close friend of many of us on Parrotforum and his 'kids' Amy and Beebs equally close friends as well. We have come to know you as part of Jims writings of you and your caring heart to take him into your home. It was clear that Jim loved you deeply and would have wanted to be there to help you.

As you know better than us, your sweet brother loved you dearly and had been heartbroken by your illness and suffering. It is good to hear that you are recovering. Your /our loss of Jim's caring heart is being felt by all of us and know that we feel and understand the depth of your loss.

I understand that your time maybe limited, but if you can call the facility where the "Kids' are and ask if someone would set the phone next to them, it will help them. Please know that when you are back home, we will be here to help you with questions regarding the Kids.

Know that you are in our Prayers..

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I share the shock and grief of Jim’s passing that others have expressed here, although it surely cannot compare to the devastation you are feeling right now, David. My heart is breaking for you, and I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Jim was a sweet, kind and generous soul who meant so very much to me – he was my birdies’ beloved “Uncle Jim”. He made life so much better for so many members here and their birds, and I feel so privileged to have known him and to have been counted among his friends. Please know that I too am here for you if there is anything that I can do for you.

Godspeed, Uncle Jim. Your warmth, wisdom and loving kindness will be sorely missed by everyone who was ever lucky enough to have known you, and I will always remember and love you. 🙏

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I am speared through my heart. Devastated. My dear, dear friend Jim, you will be missed by so many and by Geri, I and yes Salty most of all. I can only hope that you and Smokey are now swapping stories.

David if you read this, there are 2 resources that may help with finding Amy and the Beebs a new home, http://connecticutparrotsociety.org/ and http://www.cafabirdclub.org/ both very reputable and close with the Society here on Long Island. I know this is the biggest shock to you, and you have your own mountain to climb in recovery, but if you can possible get them adopted by a good home, I think Jim will rest a little easier.

Jim, until we meet again.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
David, my deepest condolences for the loss of your dear brother Jim. Flooded with tears as Jim was endlessly beloved. Admired, helpful friend to the forums, parront to Amy and BB, kind soul those who crossed his path. We're here for you 24/7, please reach out to chat if desired. I was fortunate to have heard Jim's melodious voice, should be in his phone contact list.

Thank you for arranging care for Amy and BB during a period of personal challenges.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, David, thank you for writing us.

I am Gail. I did paintings and feather arrangements for Jim. I painted Smokey, Amy, and The Beebs. We were dearest closest buddies. We loved each other and said so often. I never knew anybody like him and never will, and I am just hugging him in my heart and will forever.

Gail

Last edited:

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
David, if you are still checking this thread, I have an amazon parrot of similar age & health conditions (he had weight issues and he’s been recently diagnosed with a heart murmur & tachycardia). If you do decide to take on the continued care of Amy and Beebs, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help and advice! Kirby (my parrot) would probably not be here today if it were not for the wonderful and knowledgeable folks here. Jim’s posts about Amy really inspired us throughout Kirby’s health journey, and helped me remember to enjoy the little things. He was a big part of the community and what makes this forum a really special place.

Whatever ends up happening, I am certain Jim would want your health to come first. His posts here and elsewhere clearly show how much he loved and cared about you. Please take care during this trying time. My sincerest condolences from my family to yours, we will be keeping you in our thoughts.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
David, please know that I was so shocked and upset that I wasn't thinking enough to say how much I am and have been thinking of you and your trials. I get comfort from thinking what a close and wonderful and long brotherhood the two of you have.

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
Oh, David, thank you for writing us.

I am Gail. I did paintings and feather arrangements for Jim. I painted Smokey, Amy, and The Beebs. We were dearest closest buddies. We loved each other and said so often. I never knew anybody like him and never will, and I am just hugging him in my heart and will forever.

Gail
Gail, your art will continue to adorn my house. Jim really loved the stuff you did.

Dave

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
So, checked up on the kids at the shelter and it seems they're a welcome addition. Their cages are in the office and the birds are quite active. Beebs always was a people bird, he dances across his perch and does his famous wolf whistle and Amy hangs upside down like a bat (that drove Jim nuts). They will even give Amy her meds.

Cell phone pics suck, rotated... sorry...

51919409106_e268e163f5_c.jpg

51919508818_83e5126ab4_c.jpg

I have some major life challenges ahead of me right now. The kids are safe and I'm looking forward to starting my "bird journey" when I'm physically able. It'll be a way to keep my beloved brother with me forever.

Dave

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
So, checked up on the kids at the shelter and it seems they're a welcome addition. Their cages are in the office and the birds are quite active. Beebs always was a people bird, he dances across his perch and does his famous wolf whistle and Amy hangs upside down like a bat (that drove Jim nuts). They will even give Amy her meds.

I have some major life challenges ahead of me right now. The kids are safe and I'm looking forward to starting my "bird journey" when I'm physically able. It'll be a way to keep my beloved brother with me forever.

Dave
Hello JimsBrother! Thank you for checking in on the "kids" and giving us an update. It looks like they are being as well taken care of as possible under the circumstances. I hope you will all be reunited and heading home as soon as possible.

And I've taken the liberty of rotating those pics for you too for ease of viewing :)
bb1.jpg

amy1.jpg

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Dave
I'm so glad you were able to check in on Amy & BB, and that they are being well taken care of. One less thing for you to have to worry about.
I know Jim is happy knowing that the Beebs and Amy will be in your loving care when you are able to take them.
It will also make them feel good to be back home, with someone they know who loves them.
Thank you so much for updating us about Amy & BB, I breathed a sigh of relief seeing them again.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Dave, that's fantastic! That is huge progress, I can only imagine how hard you've been working to get to this point.

Most Reactions

Latest posts