MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Better than Bird Tricks at least....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlxjZQUueQ]Tui parrot missing, flew away after bad advice from a birdtrick website - YouTube[/ame]

Perhaps this may be more down your alley? :)

COCKATOO DOWNS - Retreat Information

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Sorry. :(

We all hope that someone found Tui but never found his owners. One thing is for sure... that video helps to teach people that free-flight is not for everyone. Accidents can and do happen... even to experienced flyers who have flown for years.

Most people often worry about wildlife and how the wildlife could harm or kill their birds. Sometimes, the danger remains with humans. A free-flighted eclectus got hit by a van and died on impact. The ekkie was flying down to his owner, but didn't fly down low enough, so he circled around and came in lower... just as a van drove past. This was also in a remote area with a road barely traveled. A freak accident you could say.

Having said that, there are many dangers outside just as there are many dangers in our homes. At least in the home, *most* things can be controlled... but again, accidents still occur.

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper

not to take sides, but i dont think that it was BirdTricks fault. from what i know(and correct me if im wrong) he just sort of copied what they do in the videos, and in many of their videos it says not to do that. so he didnt acually have them their to train tui, and didnt even totally listen to the videos. which by the way, are not TRAINING videos. just videos of parrots free flying. also, he simply did not take proper precautions, he walked away while the bird was outside with no restraint. not to be mean, but honestly that is not smart at all, no matter how *trained* your bird is. so, you could argue it is Birdtricks fault, but in my opinion it really isnt, its the owner.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
That may be so, but doesn't change the fact I don't like Birdtricks! And as far as I knew, Bird Tricks *WAS* selling a video on how to train your parrots for free-flight, recommending things as horrible as weight management rather than food management.

If there is such a video, I haven't seen it... and can't say I would want to see it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts