UV lights?

ChetEclectus

Feb 24, 2022
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
Hello! Does anyone use a UV light for their feathered babies? I want to get one for my parrot but want to know more about them. What one did you get?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
This subject returns to the Forum Board at least several times each year.

Years ago, the use of UV lighting for Parrots had been technically proven not to be of benefit, in fact, can be a detriment to them resulting from the likelihood of Blindness and Skin Burn.

Replace the standard lightbulbs that are in use near your Parrot with Daylight Series LED standard bulbs. NOTE: it is important to remember that adjusting the light to duplicating your normal Sun Light Schedule in your area as one can screw with your's and your Parrot's Natural Body time.

Cheers.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Sailboat has good advice. The best way to give your feathered kids Vitamin D is.. you guessed it, the sun! Sunlight is free and 100% natural.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
I agree with what everybody here has already told you and if u live in a cold climate with a super cold winter I understand it can be hard to give ur birds vitamin D however if you put a cloth a the bottom on the window so no drafts get through u can set them next to the window for like 20 minutes it's not as good as being able to put them outside but it works

Most Reactions

Latest posts