visiting baby green cheek

Royalroacho

Dec 30, 2014
My baby green cheek is still being weaned at the store. Hes about 6 weeks old. Ive been going in to visit as often as possible, he seems to recognize me, and comes away from his siblings to approach me when I go to their cage. Ive had to handle him in a towel since his feathers werent in, which hed get tired of after ten or 15 minutes. today I should beable to handle him without it for the first time. Im looking for any tips or advice.
I also am planning on making toys. Is basswood safe? Can I dye the beads with food coloring?
thanks alot :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and welcome to the forums! Good luck with your new GCC! Can you be a little more specific about the kind of tips and advice you are looking for? We'll be happy to help.

Basswood is safe for toy making as long as it's untreated. Vegetable based dyes are also safe to use.

OP
Royalroacho

Royalroacho

Dec 30, 2014
I was wondering what the best way to handle them at that age is, if they like to be scratched behind the ears like my cockatiel did, would they play with a toy if I brought one? I guess itll probly be apparent once im with him. Im just worried ill do something that freaks him out, and he'll end up being scared of me.
Thanks for the tip about the food coloring, and welcoming me to the forum ^_^

Most Reactions

Latest posts