Pineapple conure smaller eyes than all the other gcc ive seen!?

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Hello Dear parrot community, I have 2 pet birds and today i wanna have your opinion on my Pineapple conure l, ive notice that he has smaller eyes than usual conures I will show pics aswell I hope you notice, is there any health conditions where they develop this I dont know what to call it, My pineapple conure is the most happy, exited, very friendly with humans and very curious also, always wants to be out of his cage and follows me around wherever i go he will cling on my shoulder, never takes a poop on me or around only in its specific place, im giving these information about him because i he is very fine and happy with his life should I be concerned about him, about his smaller eyes?!
(I have to say that I have another 4 months old green cheek yellow sides and had another older conure im the past and they obviously had bigger eyes than him)

Attachments

• IMG_8486.jpeg
    IMG_8486.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8487.jpeg
    IMG_8487.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8488.jpeg
    IMG_8488.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 61

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
It’s hard to tell, especially without your other conure next to him for reference.

As far as I know, slightly smaller/larger eyes will not affect your conures quality of life in any way.
One of my budgies has slightly smaller eyes than my other three.

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
It’s hard to tell, especially without your other conure next to him for reference.

As far as I know, slightly smaller/larger eyes will not affect your conures quality of life in any way.
One of my budgies has slightly smaller eyes than my other three.
Man something tragic happened today, my yellow sided conure is missing from its cage and I put her out today in balcony while i was at work because it was good sunny weather today, I can not find her and its so sad she is only 4 moths old and dont know how to take care of herself…

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Wow, I’m sorry to hear of this!
Were any of the doors open? Or could she have been stolen?

I wouldn’t leave them outside when you aren’t home, unless someone else is home to make sure nothing bad happens.

I would keep the cage outside on the balcony and put lots of food that should would want in sight. Leave the door open, there’s a chance she may come back on her own.
How long has she been gone?

Again, I’m so sorry this happened, I hope you find your little bird!

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Wow, I’m sorry to hear of this!
Were any of the doors open? Or could she have been stolen?

I wouldn’t leave them outside when you aren’t home, unless someone else is home to make sure nothing bad happens.

I would keep the cage outside on the balcony and put lots of food that should would want in sight. Leave the door open, there’s a chance she may come back on her own.
How long has she been gone?

Again, I’m so sorry this happened, I hope you find your little bird!
I dont know last time I saw her was 9:30 am and now are almost 12 hours, this is actually really sad because i feel very gulity for leaven her without supervision today was a very bad day for my conures i dont know what to do now im used to them very much :(((((

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I dont know last time I saw her was 9:30 am and now are almost 12 hours, this is actually really sad because i feel very gulity for leaven her without supervision today was a very bad day for my conures i dont know what to do now im used to them very much :(((((
I’m terribly sorry.

You could post her on here:

Inform any local vets that she’s lost, put up flyers with her picture on them, if you can, give a reward.
Have you asked your neighbors if they’ve seen her?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I’m terribly sorry.

Inform any local vets that she’s lost, put up flyers with her picture on them, if you can, give a reward.
This kind of thing makes me so incredibly sad. Poor little bird.

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
I’m terribly sorry.

I search for her everywhere even today morning I was playing conure sounds because they always call back when I play that but No luck, im just really disappointed and im scared she might not survive all alone, its kinda depressing for me what happened because they are like my children and my pineapple conure is obviously so sad, maybe someone saw her in the streets and its taking care of her… now i feel not worthy of my birds to keep caring for them Its so devastating
This kind of thing makes me so incredibly sad. Poor little bird.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
You could also talk with or put up notices in the local Vet and pet shops, since anyone who finds her will, hopefully, get her checked by a vet and buy parrot food for her. Good luck! Lost parrots do get rescued and returned to their owners, but you must be persistent and thorough in searching for her.

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Thanks so much for nice comments about my bby, im new to this so i found your nice words by accident, he is indeed a nice bird I just love him unconditionally…
What a sweet little bird!

Most Reactions

Latest posts