Wax warmers

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I canā€™t seem to find what these candles are scented with. Both natural and artificial fragrances can cause problems for birds. I wouldnā€™t risk it.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Rule of thumb - if YOU can smell it, it's NOT good for your parrot. Candles, waxes, plug in fragrance things, scented dryer sheets, perfumes, the assault on our noses and THEIR lungs is on-going.

OP
B

birdlover70

Dec 23, 2012
Rule of thumb - if YOU can smell it, it's NOT good for your parrot. Candles, waxes, plug in fragrance things, scented dryer sheets, perfumes, the assault on our noses and THEIR lungs is on-going.
Thank you. I thought since this is from a specialty bird store..they claim the product's safety that it's ok. That's deceptive and that makes me so mad :(

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Thank you. I thought since this is from a specialty bird store..they claim the product's safety that it's ok. That's deceptive and that makes me so mad :(
Iā€™m sure they arenā€™t being intentionally deceptive, but the problem with more ā€˜naturalā€™ things ( in this case, soy candles) is that the terms and products are not regulated. So there can be a lot of variation from one product to another with no way to tell for sure what is safe. Different opinions exist as well, both for humans and animals. For example, Iā€™ve seen people recommend using tea tree oil to treat ringworm on cats, while other people say tea tree oil is toxic to cats. Itā€™s possible these wax warmers are ā€˜ safeā€™ for birds but itā€™s so hard to know for absolutely sure that I think most of us take a ā€˜ better safe than sorryā€™ approach when it comes to using products around our birdsšŸ™‚ā¤ļø

Most Reactions