We found maui!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't imagine losing my grey like that. oMG!! I AM SOO GLAD THAT NEIGHBOR DID THE RIGHT THING!! He will probably want to go out and get his own grey now. I'm so happy you found your baby again.

Welcome home, Maui! :) It's wonderful to hear such a happy ending to this story. It also proves that one should never give up hope of being reunited with a lost parrot.

I have tears in my eyes!!! What a happy ending!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you and Maui!

My TAG got spooked a couple of months ago and flew away. He was missing for three hours. I prayed fervently and looked all over for him. My daughter had seen him flapping his wings and bouncing over the rooftops (two stories) close to our home.

I was praying for faith to believe God would bring him back to me. I asked everybody I saw if they had seen him. A gardener told me he had heard some strange sounds. "What kind of strange sounds?" I asked. "Quacking." Hmm. "My Grey does not quack.", I replied. "I've worked here for twenty years and I've never heard sounds like I heard from over there today", he said.

Well, that go my attention. So we knocked on a neighbor's door and asked if we could look around the backyard. I could hear Shadow calling me, as my neighbor who I don't know told me he would call me if he saw a "bird". But I wasn't going anywhere since I could hear Shadow. Then a lady popped over the fence and asked, "Are you looking for a bird?"

Shadow had been up in the highest tree in our city talking up a storm all afternoon, which meant he really wanted me to find him. I was so thankful I had trained him to fly to me for treats. It took him a while to get the courage to fly down, but he flew right to me.

He flew away a couple of weeks later. He flew around the house a couple of times and about an hour later I found him in the tree right outside me bedroom deck. That was just a little too much excitement so, sadly, I had to clip him.

I was having so much fun having him fly to me from around the corner for treats every morning. He got startled once when I had him outside and once when the door was left open. So he wasn't running away from home, but I couldn't take the risk of him getting lost.

I will let the clipping grow out again and look forward to having him fly to my shoulder again, but it will be quite a few months before that happens. ): He is so happy when he can fly to me or his cage or where he wants.

;
Such wonderful news. I know your bird is happy to be home where he will be safe and loved again. I would give that man some kind of reward.

;);););) DONE!!!! I gave him $200 right then (the amount of the cage) And am bringing him another $300 for taking such excellent care of my baby, not selling him, and having the heart and spirit to give him back, as after 2 months, I'm SURE they got attached, because Maui is a complete and TOTAL Love!!

I'm so happy for you! It's terrible when a bird is lost and hearing that you found her makes me have hope for other people as well :D

What happened to the other gray you rescued?

We still have her!! I refuse to do anything with her, I"m hoping I find HER family. So, in the meantime, she has us to love her and care for her until her Mommy or Daddy is found. I STILL check craigslist and other websites hoping I'll find the owners. I've thought I've find them a few times, but, they turned out not to be. :(

She's such a little doll face too! When I brought Maui into the "birdroom/dining room" She walked right over to him and made her sweet little "kiss kiss" sound and tried giving him smoochies, he reciprocated, it was cute.

So, I've kept her nameless all this time, and I just hate it, so, we're calling her Gracie for the time being, I wish I knew what her REAL name was.

Oh my god I have tears running down my face right now I am so happy for you and Maui. And three days ago I had my quaker clipped because I am so afrid of that happening. I can't wait to tell hubby the good news we have still been praying for you two... Hugs Alison and sweetie pie:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL, AWW, Thank you, so did I, there wasn't a dry eye in the room!!! It was an amazing reunification!! Very emotional, for sure!! The man and his wife both were wet eyed... Both my daughters that went with us to see if it was him, was crying, my MOM was crying, my daughter's BF even had tears strolling down his face!!!

Totally Awesome News!!! I'm so happy!!!

Soooo happy you got Maui back!!! We just knew you two would be reunited again :D You're family must be so relieved! :D

Yes, my family and I are all so very very much relieved that he wasn't harmed by any of the Hawks and that he was safe and sound ALL this time inside a sweet and caring family's home.

Oh that is such good news... I am soooo happy for you :) You must be over the Moon!

I AM over the MOON!!! LOL, I couldn't even begin to describe how elated I am, it's indescribable!

I'm so happy for you!!!! I would probably go crazy if my sun got lost so I'm wishing you all the luck and happyness on being together again :D

Thank you so much! We're VERY happy to be together again. I plan to post about our first night together here shortly.

Yay! I'm so happy you two are back together. Im jumping with joy for you right now, I have to call my mom and tell her the good news!

It IS very exciting news, isn't it? It's certainly the kind of news that I wouldn't mind hearing about others who've lost THEIR babies, every single day! I couldn't imagine EVER losing him, so when I did, it was just devastating, but even more so to think I'd never know if he was hurt or okay,cold or wicked hot, hungry or finding food, scared or with a flock and even whether he was alive or dead!

I worried when we had thunderstorms, I worried everytime I saw Hawks or vultures. It was terrible and my gut genuinely ached with worry for him and my heart truly hurt missing him, wanting to hold him and keep him safe, warm, fed and sheltered.

So it's really truly a blessing that THOSE people are the people he came down for!

OMG.......this just made my day. We have thought of Maui so often and I am so thrilled you got him back. Did the man live near you?
I am crying as I right this because I had the same experience but only took me 2o min to get him back. His wings got clipped right then.
I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and I can definitely feel what you are feeling.
THank you man whoever you are.

I can't explain to you how touched I am, was and have been by ALL of you guys keeping Me and Maui in your thoughts and prayers, how everyone has checked up on us, that they've even checked on ad's trying to help me find him even. People, just people that I have NEVER met personally, but have been so stricken with grief over my grief.

THANK YOU!! You guys are ALL the ones I wanted to tell first!!

Oh my gosh!! I'm gonna cry!! I am so so so happy for you!! :) Give Maui big kisses for me!

I read your original post when you lost Maui. My heart ached for you and I cried. I prayed you would be reunited with Maui. Everyday I checked here to see if there was news. When you stopped reporting and giving updates, my heart sank because I knew that it was not good news.

Today, I cried again and I am so happy for you and Maui. I can only imagine what you have been going through. Please, please give Maui a kiss for me and tell him that there others who missed him. I am so happy he is home with you!

This is a great ending!

I am sooooooo happy for you and Maui!! When I read your post I was so excited! It is So great to see a happy ending.

OMG.......this just made my day. We have thought of Maui so often and I am so thrilled you got him back. Did the man live near you?
I am crying as I right this because I had the same experience but only took me 2o min to get him back. His wings got clipped right then.
I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and I can definitely feel what you are feeling.
THank you man whoever you are.

VERY smart move!! Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers and kind words! We are so beyond thrilled to have him back, I can harldly sleep because I just want to be with him, hence being on the Forum right now at 2AM!! LOL

The excitement is overwhelming!! but it's a GOOD kind of anxious!

Wow!! Such great news!! It sure was such a sad tale when I first read of Maui getting away, devastating. I followed your journey and as heartbreaking as it was, still held out hope. I will definitely have sweet dreams tonight!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back