RioTheSunConure

Jul 18, 2022
Parrots
Sun conure
Hey guys, I have a question about weaning. Now I have a 54 day old sun conure and he has 2 formula feedings a day and I put some chop and pellets in his cage which he sometimes eats but not a lot (And of course a water dish). When I feed him in the morning he isn't really asking for the formula but he just goes along with it and takes it, but at night he starts doing the feeding call and bobs his head up and down and stuff so of course that's ok. My question is, should I eliminate the morning feeding now? I also have some other questions. I heard that as he gets older I should start lowering formula temperature from the previous 40°c to say 32°c so that he doesn't like it as much and given that he is older he wouldn't get sour crop or other diseases. ( I think it's worth mentioning that he can fly more than a couple of meters now)

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your little one!

We have a few members who have raised babies (not me), and I believe the general wisdom is to continue feeding them formula while also offering other foods, until your bird refuses the formula on their own.

OP
R

RioTheSunConure

Jul 18, 2022
Parrots
Sun conure
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your little one!

We have a few members who have raised babies (not me), and I believe the general wisdom is to continue feeding them formula while also offering other foods, until your bird refuses the formula on their own.
Ok thx

Most Reactions