weird (barbered?) feathers

threat2society

Jan 10, 2023
Lithuania
Parrots
my CAG bruknė !! ( Lingonberry in english LOL )
I've written about this problem a few months ago, but it was just a couple feathers. Now they're all over my almost 1 y.o. CAG's body. I don't think she could've done that herself, because only new feathers look like that. i noticed that when a new feather is almost ready, it's already like this. could she have done this herself ? how can i stop this ? she's getting vitamins and calcium every day.

Attachments

• IMG_20240212_163733.jpg
    IMG_20240212_163733.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240212_163928.jpg
    IMG_20240212_163928.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240212_163657.jpg
    IMG_20240212_163657.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 18
Aside from being a little shaggy her feathers look quite healthy. Do you see her preen herself? Have you managed to convince her to bathe? I find that when my birds feathers start looking shaggy like that, a few nice baths really helps them clean up.

Aside from being a little shaggy her feathers look quite healthy. Do you see her preen herself? Have you managed to convince her to bathe? I find that when my birds feathers start looking shaggy like that, a few nice baths really helps them clean up.
i tried taking her to the shower with me a couple times, she didn't show any interest although she got her belly slightly wet so that's progress:) but it's nice to know they're healthy! thank you :))

You may need to experiment a bit!! Oddly, my conure seems to have a strong preference for cold water for example. She'll ignore a bathing dish if the water is too warm. She gets excited for running water but I've never seen her actually step into a shower stream, so for her I fill a pie dish with water and let her go crazy. Some birds don't like faucets or shower heads but they like being spritzed with a misting bottle. It just depends on the bird, you might just need to try several different bathing methods until you find one she likes!!

As a young bird perhaps she hasn’t gotten the knack of how to “zip up” her feathers.

they mostly look unkempt not deformed

this was how my Bella looked when I got her at less than a year old.
IMG_1184.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back