Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh, this is so bittersweet! Your dad and Zuni look so happy together, but... but... but.... Ya know? Looking forward to more updates on her progress!

Have you picked up KC already? Seems like she'll be some work for a while, but trust me, it's worth it. :) Keep us posted!

OP
Peachypink

Peachypink

Jan 25, 2021
Parrots
Lola-Mexican Red Headed Amazon
Oh, this is so bittersweet! Your dad and Zuni look so happy together, but... but... but.... Ya know? Looking forward to more updates on her progress!

Have you picked up KC already? Seems like she'll be some work for a while, but trust me, it's worth it. :) Keep us posted!

I know! I cried! It was so hard to let him have her because I adore her so much. But I know it was just meant to be and she is happy happy happy with him!

I did! I picked her up last night. She is doing well, very quiet right now and making a few little noises and talking but just a little. I know that will change! But I welcome it and look forward to getting to start working with her. I had some reservations before but I decided I was being ridiculous and of course I would take her! She has taken treats out of our hands without issue so I am just trying to build trust with that for now. I'll get a thread going for her soon.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Well if ever there was a match made in heaven, it certainly is this one!

46P4Hyd.jpg

I hope you will keep us updated on their progress together, or perhaps your dad could be persuaded to join so we can share in more delightful moments just like this?! You are right, sometimes we are just a vehicle to get these precious babies where they are meant to be :)

Congratulations also on KC, I'm pretty sure she is where she was always meant to be now too :smile015:

OP
Peachypink

Peachypink

Jan 25, 2021
Parrots

46P4Hyd.jpg

I hope you will keep us updated on their progress together, or perhaps your dad could be persuaded to join so we can share in more delightful moments just like this?! You are right, sometimes we are just a vehicle to get these precious babies where they are meant to be :)

Congratulations also on KC, I'm pretty sure she is where she was always meant to be now too :smile015:

Right?!? The way she looks at him is so adorable! I am so happy she is still in the family and I get to watch her thrive! If I can't talk him into joining, I will certainly keep everyone updated!

I am so happy it worked out this way for me to be able to take KC now. It was such a hard decision before to switch, now I know why that had to happen and it all worked out so perfectly.

OP
Peachypink

Peachypink

Jan 25, 2021
Parrots
Bittersweet indeed, but Zuni Girl is in a perfect place!

Very Bittersweet but I agree. Once you see them together and the way she looks at him, it melts away any doubt and made it just a little easier. She really is in the perfect place.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Bittersweet indeed, but Zuni Girl is in a perfect place!

Very Bittersweet but I agree. Once you see them together and the way she looks at him, it melts away any doubt and made it just a little easier. She really is in the perfect place.

Gentle clutching of your dad's beard so typical Goffin behavior!

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)

46P4Hyd.jpg

Right?!? The way she looks at him is so adorable! I am so happy she is still in the family and I get to watch her thrive! If I can't talk him into joining, I will certainly keep everyone updated!

I am so happy it worked out this way for me to be able to take KC now. It was such a hard decision before to switch, now I know why that had to happen and it all worked out so perfectly.

What an awesome story and outcome! I'll be looking forward to updates on your Dad and Zuni as well as dear KC in her new home. Well done :).

OP
Peachypink

Peachypink

Jan 25, 2021
Parrots
Ok...update on our Zuni girl! I just can’t with these two! It is so stinking cute!!! Dad told me it’s like she was always meant to be there and it’s like she has always been there. She is so so happy! Listening to her chatter away when we’re on the phone is so cute! Her cage is right next to the couch and Dad leaves it open so she does laps all day...from her cage to the couch, to the window, to his chest and down his leg and back to her cage. If he’s at the table, she will jump down to the floor and come over and crawl up his leg to be with him. The only thing he really does is go for a 3 mile walk every day and then spends his time reading. Since he’s retired, he has all the time in the world to spend with her. I love their relationship, it is so so sweet!!

peachypink-albums-zuni-picture23348-c6df3bbd-01f2-4cc2-b850-c7fc879ba054.jpeg

Dad said a helicopter flew over and she sat like this on his foot for a long time looking up. Lol
peachypink-albums-zuni-picture23326-d42c212f-3e0a-4e7d-a2a4-58b093140640.jpeg

peachypink-albums-zuni-picture23325-f65859d4-68c1-42c9-a719-e63995d6c18e.jpeg

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I'm loving the whole story. Just beautiful! And yeah, I'm a total sucker for the plucked little ones [emoji3590] :)

OP
Peachypink

Peachypink

Jan 25, 2021
Parrots
I'm loving the whole story. Just beautiful! And yeah, I'm a total sucker for the plucked little ones [emoji3590] :)

I called her my Little Hot Mess Naked Chicken. Lol. There’s just something about her little naked self.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

46P4Hyd.jpg

exceptionally cute!!! Such love!

OP
Peachypink

Peachypink

Jan 25, 2021
Parrots
Well, it’s been a while, but she is still the light of his life. Lol. Her feathers look so much better! She’s still naked in places but the ones she does have look wonderful! And when we took her for her yearly blood work, her kidney levels are now close to normal! Dad is doing such an amazing job with our Zuni girl. Definitely meant to be!
AD306C32-C823-43AD-B0CC-DC4580672CFF.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Well, it’s been a while, but she is still the light of his life. Lol. Her feathers look so much better! She’s still naked in places but the ones she does have look wonderful! And when we took her for her yearly blood work, her kidney levels are now close to normal! Dad is doing such an amazing job with our Zuni girl. Definitely meant to be! View attachment 47082
Oh thank you for this update @Peachypink! Like we always say around here, when something is right it's right, and we know it in our hearts, just like these two did from the start đź’• They look wonderful together!

Most Reactions

Latest posts