Went to visit the house of horrors

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Another thing is if viral disease is rampant, and the workers are out and touching their own birds, and going to bird stores and potentially spreading deadly virus to the general population, that does nothing towards eradicating these diseases!

This is very concerning too. So sad about the amazon with both eyes bleeding. This place is hell on earth.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Having been in Animal Welfare & Rescue, I may know a few groups that can help these poor birds. There are groups like "Animal Rescue Corps" and others who will step in, through proper channels and with skilled legal teams, medical teams, and other rescue organizations. Website is animalrescuecorps.org. Google them, contact them, and let's start a campaign to help these angels. I will put the word out to whoever I know who can find help in this. Canadian members might have better luck with Canadian authorities. But, I will try my damnedest to do something from here.

Last edited:
OP
Jumpingtadpoles

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!

HisAngel

Feb 5, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Rosa (9) the wonderful U2 -gotcha day Mar 2, 2014
Grey IRN baby - Coming home July 2015
Id be headed to the first frickin newstation that would listen, or newpaper. Whatever you can find. Post the photos on facebook and make it available to be shared aong with this story. BLOW THEIR COVER. Yell it from the rooftops, and dont stop until change happens. When people realize what is truly happening, they WILL step in and help. You cannot create change alone, but you enlist social media and I guarantee it will blow up. That is a house horrors, and it must be stopped. The problem that occurs is that the laws are so flimsy when it comes to animals, dogs and cats even, not to mention exotics and birds. There is very little by way of guidelines and that makes it difficult to enforce better care. HOWEVER, if you show up at the SPCA with photos of that blinded amazon, and of birds covered in feces, they *should* be headed in there without delay. If not, again head to the media. There is no better motivator than shame. SHAME them loud and clear. Please go to the media. Social media, news, all of it. Be the ignition behind the fire.

HisAngel

Feb 5, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Rosa (9) the wonderful U2 -gotcha day Mar 2, 2014
Grey IRN baby - Coming home July 2015
I should also add, I would smuggling birds out of there like nobodies business. I'd risk the arrest, tbh. Perhaps it would open some new and fresh eyes to the horror happening within this craphole of a 'rescue' or whatever they call it...

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
How can I help? What can I do? I will gladly help in any way I can.

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Just signed the petition. Going to have everyone I know sign as well. It's a start.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I signed the petition as well and shared it on my facebook page. Thank you so much for the link to that!

JenJen

May 29, 2013
Upstate NY
Parrots
Zulu, blue quaker parrot (5.30.13)
Just wanted to say I signed the petition as well and have forwarded it on to friends and the like. It's so terribly sad to know that this is happening and nothing has been done about it. Please keep us updated!

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
This is absolutely disgusting. I wanted to puke reading the part about that poor amazon :(

I have signed the petition and shared the links on my personal Facebook page. I hope this place gets their act together or gets shut down. Unbelievable.

Most Reactions