We’re starting to bond very well!

Kitty16

Jun 10, 2022
US, Indiana
Parrots
2 Blue Budgies, the female is Skittle and the male is Milo.
So I haven’t been getting much time to bond with them but I’m able to do everything I need to within that time, I’ve only been getting around 2 hours with them but they don’t seem to mind, it actually makes them more excited to see me because I always give them millet, I like to give them as much sleep as they can because I’m sure they get interrupted by my cats, but anyway, Milo (M) only needed like literally 1 minute to step up on to my hand, Skittle (F) needed a little more time because she’s scared of a lot of things still but she went on my hand pretty quickly for her, spray millet is such a big help, I was using grass seeds as a treat before I got the millet and they really love both of them so if you guys have any grass seeds just growing outside I suggest giving it to your budgies, obviously make sure there’s no bugs or whatever on them first though, I think there’s also some bird flu so I’d be careful with that too. Here’s some pictures of them from today.
8884DD75-7D22-42F7-A11D-D200766FD52D.jpeg
F35BA1F7-075E-42C1-9961-F2CC8D2D85D4.jpeg
891A96F0-7C58-4FE6-A133-2A572277AA07.jpeg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
So I haven’t been getting much time to bond with them but I’m able to do everything I need to within that time, I’ve only been getting around 2 hours with them but they don’t seem to mind, it actually makes them more excited to see me because I always give them millet, I like to give them as much sleep as they can because I’m sure they get interrupted by my cats, but anyway, Milo (M) only needed like literally 1 minute to step up on to my hand, Skittle (F) needed a little more time because she’s scared of a lot of things still but she went on my hand pretty quickly for her, spray millet is such a big help, I was using grass seeds as a treat before I got the millet and they really love both of them so if you guys have any grass seeds just growing outside I suggest giving it to your budgies, obviously make sure there’s no bugs or whatever on them first though, I think there’s also some bird flu so I’d be careful with that too. Here’s some pictures of them from today.View attachment 41338View attachment 41339View attachment 41340
No bugs? But bugs are delicious!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Your doing everything right. Let me know when you get shoulder pics!

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
(Extremely late reply) That hasn’t happened yet but I’m excited for when it does, I’m going to be redoing my room soon and I might turn it into a bird room.
That's a great idea! I have a free-roam bird room/bedroom (really just a bird room with a bed and some bookshelves), and I cannot believe how tame, friendly, active, and desensitized my birds are compared to when they were caged most of the day!

PS. The first time they go on your shoulder (and every other time after that) is AMAZING. Such a good feeling!

Most Reactions

Latest posts