Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I so love to see everyone's chop, and thought I'd share what every evening looks like for us.
I cut chop in different sizes for the different size birds, and I can get it done for everyone in 45 minutes to an hour.
Their chop tonight is:
Broccoli, Cauliflower, orange and yellow Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Carrots, Apples, Cantaloupe, Strawberries, Banana, Blackberries, and a few who like them got Raspberries as well.

The small dishes are for the small guys, Finches, Budgies, Parrotlets, Lovies, Doves,Button Quail, Tiels, Barbet and Laughing Thrush.The finches also get cucumbers, and the budgies and tiels also get Romaine. The larger dishes are for the Conures.

chop1_zpsulthpfcz.jpg

This is for all the larger parrots.
chop3_zpsoenqrdmk.jpg

chop2_zpslcubm4tv.jpg

I'd love to hear about your chops, and routines:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Great idea for a thread, Terry! Your chop looks yummy, your organization skills are also very impressive. If I had that many different beaks to feed, my retriever would probably get a dish of chop and my Too would get kibble and a puppy treat. You make it look easy.

I'll try to take photos tomorrow.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Surprisingly, much the same! Our DYH Amazons likes his chop cut fine and will pick each small piece up and enjoy it fully before moving on to the next.

I think he was on a very limited diet in both what and how much was available. He is a slow and precise eater. Very little wasted. Unlike the vast majority of our past Amazons that shared with everyone and near everywhere.

Thanks, for this Thread!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Great idea for a thread, Terry! Your chop looks yummy, your organization skills are also very impressive. If I had that many different beaks to feed, my retriever would probably get a dish of chop and my Too would get kibble and a puppy treat. You make it look easy.

I'll try to take photos tomorrow.

LOL! It only looks easy because I was done...you didn't see how many times I pulled the same veggie out that I had already done:)
Looking forward to seeing your chop pictures!

Surprisingly, much the same! Our DYH Amazons likes his chop cut fine and will pick each small piece up and enjoy it fully before moving on to the next.

I think he was on a very limited diet in both what and how much was available. He is a slow and precise eater. Very little wasted. Unlike the vast majority of our past Amazons that shared with everyone and near everywhere.

Thanks, for this Thread!

I also found that most of ours like a finely cut chop. I do add a few larger pieces to a couple of bowls, but mostly stick with the smaller pieces. That's awesome that yours doesn't waste much! I do throw away a good bit between all the dishes. My CBC's favourite thing is to throw the berries at my head.
I'd love to see pictures of your chop!

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
It kind of depends on what we have on hand at the moment. Although recently we've made the switch to far healthier foods for ourselves so our chop should improve greatly based on what we'll have in the house for us-some of it will inevitably end up in the chop bowl. Here's some of my old batches. I'll have to get new photos next time I do the more elaborate chop.
0F497632-F4C5-4BC3-A88F-CA1377FB2666_zpsducqubqm.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
WOW! Your chop looks amazing! We also use what we have on hand, and I am so excited when Walmart has a bunch of stuff on the clearance rack:)
Looking forward to the next pics!

Most Reactions