What is the temperature where you live?

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Thank you so much, Rico, it's much appreciated.

The Fort Mac fire was just awful. The pictures of people escaping were horrifying. It turned so fast that they told people they couldn't even go home from work, they had to get out now. They weren't even allowed to go home for their animals. It was heartbreaking.

12603405.jpg

fort-mcmurray-fire.jpg

2200.jpg

I want to give out a shout to my friends, Janine and Ian. They own Meika's Birdhouse where they sell bird food, toys, etc. If it's bird related, they can get it.
They also own Meika's Safehouse, which is a wonderful rescue.
During the Fort McMurray fire, Meika's took in all the birds who needed somewhere to go. The first day they came in, there were well over a hundred birds. They kept these birds and treated them just as their own, some for months. They never charged a single cent to anyone.

Their home is once again open to take in any birds that were evacuated.

I think they deserve recognition, so thank you @Meikasbirdhouse for all you do!
You’re welcome!

That is so scary and heartbreaking! I couldn’t imagine not being able to go and save my animals, just losing them just like that. Leaving them to burn. That’s horrible.

That rescue sounds absolutely incredible! I’m so glad those birds ended up in the good hands of such kind souls!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Indiana weather is a MAJOR design flaw.

Today the FORECAST said it would rain, and it was bright and sunny until like 2:00 PM, when it rained for about 15 minutes, and then became bright and sunny again.

And for anyone who has NO clue what I'm talking about,
Here's a meme to help you understand:
9 Indiana ideas | bones funny, funny quotes, winter humor

Sincerely, Fozzy, who is VERY tired of going outside to see that the weather is literally made up and the forecast doesn't matter.

:)

Most Reactions