onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Picking my nails. Oh well because Ona doesn't like long nails anyway.

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
I itch my scalp, serious nail biting, rub my pointer finger with my thumb like that "Ok" thing, peeling my cuticles, MY WEIRDEST ONE IS SUMMER SAULTING.
Oh boy, I have a lot 🫠

1. Nail biting
2. Hair chewing (sometimes)
3. Not knowing when to shut up
4. making the same mistakes and wondering why it didn’t magically go differently

View attachment 56289
5. Just not eating for a few days because eating got boring
6. chewing my lip
7. Going to sleep if I get bored
8. Checking things often and always wondering “did I close that?”
9. Twitching when overly excited (I know it’s stimming, but this one I can’t mask at all and has lead to some embarrassing moments)
10. I used to touch my eyeballs when I was younger. I thought it “felt cool”. What the heck was wrong with me?
I still do number 10 just because I can.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I itch my scalp, serious nail biting, rub my pointer finger with my thumb like that "Ok" thing, peeling my cuticles, MY WEIRDEST ONE IS SUMMER SAULTING.

I still do number 10 just because I can.
Maybe don’t do #10 since it’s harmful to your eyes and can result in eye infections and eye damage. It would probably hurt like hell! when I found out about that, I stopped because in my stupid kid brain, infection = necrosis, and I didn’t want my eyes to become necrotic and fall out and leave me blind-blind. I was… an idiot, to put it lightly xD

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Yeah, I get that. So many foods are either too boring or just really gross. Strong food aversions for ya. Like, why can’t there be foods that are like… I dunno, appealing? Like, amazing flavor, good texture, and perfect temperature, that doesn’t smell absolutely funky. Oh, or why can’t food just be enjoyable in general?
I gladly eat boring food.. I'm sensitive to most tastes 🙃 I have a list of "safe foods" and I refuse to eat other foods
My parents don’t understand that I literally cannot physically force myself to eat many of the foods they enjoy (most mammalian and all avian meats for example), because I will end up puking if I try. They just chalk it up to me being picky, but so many textures and many temperatures can make me gag or puke. same goes for drinks. It’s not always being picky, it’s often a sensory thing (for me, at least.).
People always look at me weird at me weird when I eat the most basic foods at social events 🧍‍♀️(usually ones my parents force me to attend)
I just can't handle other foods 😭

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Maybe don’t do #10 since it’s harmful to your eyes and can result in eye infections and eye damage. It would probably hurt like hell! when I found out about that, I stopped because in my stupid kid brain, infection = necrosis, and I didn’t want my eyes to become necrotic and fall out and leave me blind-blind. I was… an idiot, to put it lightly xD
alright but I really only did it real lightly and for just of second.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I gladly eat boring food.. I'm sensitive to most tastes 🙃 I have a list of "safe foods" and I refuse to eat other foods

People always look at me weird at me weird when I eat the most basic foods at social events 🧍‍♀️(usually ones my parents force me to attend)
I just can't handle other foods 😭
gosh you’re lucky 😩 I wish I could be content with most food (I’ve only got 2 foods that I would gladly eat everyday lol). is fries one of your safe foods?

I have that opposite problem 🫠 people look at me weird because I make the most absurd foods and enjoy it, and they are like “bro what is wrong with you?” Usually I reply with something really out of pocket lol

Omg my parents force me to go to social events too. it suckssss 🥲

“yOu ShOuLd StOp BeInG sO pIcKy!” - people who don’t understand that you can’t handle other foods

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
alright but I really only did it real lightly and for just of second.
I wore contact lenses starting at 14 and got very accustomed to putting my fingers in my eyes. Harness if they are clean. The surface of your eyeball has an amazing immune system because it's open to the environment.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
gosh you’re lucky 😩 I wish I could be content with most food (I’ve only got 2 foods that I would gladly eat everyday lol). is fries one of your safe foods?
Nope. I hate fries. I'll eat bread or cereal tho
I have that opposite problem 🫠 people look at me weird because I make the most absurd foods and enjoy it, and they are like “bro what is wrong with you?” Usually I reply with something really out of pocket lol
out of pocket is always the best response 😌
Omg my parents force me to go to social events too. it suckssss 🥲
average parent behaviour fr
“yOu ShOuLd StOp BeInG sO pIcKy!” - people who don’t understand that you can’t handle other foods
That's most people tbh 😭

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Nope. I hate fries. I'll eat bread or cereal tho

out of pocket is always the best response 😌

average parent behaviour fr

That's most people tbh 😭
I’m surprised! Usually fries are a safe food, so that why I asked but huh! That’s cool! Cereal is gooddddd what’s your favorite?

YESSSSSS 😫 usually I say something so incredibly wild and honestly really gross. The tamest option I choose is saying something like “I’ve got trauma from
*insert traumatic event that I never went through here*
and if I do not eat this very food, I will
*insert very unusual death that typically involves an explosive expulsion of biological waste and/or bodily fluids*. Mind your business.”

EXACTLY!! Do they just have a particular program that gets installed as soon as they spawn a crotch goblin or something?

They will never understand us 🖤😔⛓️ little do they know, we turn into wolves at night and eat their families 👹

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I’m surprised! Usually fries are a safe food, so that why I asked but huh! That’s cool! Cereal is gooddddd what’s your favorite?
I'll eat pretty much any. I mostly eat wholegrain cereal because that's what I grew up from(and cuz it's the only type available in my house😔)
YESSSSSS 😫 usually I say something so incredibly wild and honestly really gross. The tamest option I choose is saying something like “I’ve got trauma from
*insert traumatic event that I never went through here*
and if I do not eat this very food, I will
*insert very unusual death that typically involves an explosive expulsion of biological waste and/or bodily fluids*. Mind your business.”
I should use that tactic 😀
EXACTLY!! Do they just have a particular program that gets installed as soon as they spawn a crotch goblin or something?
Probably 🤔
They will never understand us 🖤😔⛓️ little do they know, we turn into wolves at night and eat their families 👹
It shall be a legendary feast 👹

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I bite and pull at my mustache.
(flavor saver).

I admit to being a nose picker too.
My grandma when she would catch me at it would say
”going to be a dance tonight, you’re cleaning out the dance hall”.

I guess I tend to talk on the loud side. Not hard of hearing.
I spent 10 years working in a noisy environment, if you didn’t yell no one would hear you.

I vape

Most Reactions

Latest posts