What makes your budgie destructible vs. indestructible?

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Oh, our little budgie Csilli litteraly was saved from the jaws of death.

My partner found her on a parking lot 8 years ago, pretty much on verge of death. It was April, Easter Sunday, so everything was closed. At the time he was living with his mum and his senegal, so luckily they did have some seeds to offer to the bird. The poor bird couldn't be rushed to vet as...everything was closed. Prayers and keeping one eye open while sleeping was the only viable thing. She was on the bottom for 3 days, then finally hopped on the lowest perch. According to my partner, that was the first night he could fall asleep.

Now she is such a happy lucky bird, full of life. Still shy and petrified of everything, but alive nevertheless.

Another indestructible part is she got parts of her toes bitten off by the senegal, not once, but twice, months apart. She would often try to land on the senegal's cage and well... off a toe goes! Since the 2nd time the cages were put into different rooms so this doesn't happen again. This was during the first 3 years while she was still living with the mother and the sennie, later on my partner took her in once he moved out (and I settled in too, 5 years ago). How this bird keeps getting into troubles, it is incredible.

But she is still a sassy blue bird, we love her so much! ...Also, I don't find budgies being fast fliers at all? Or maybe it is just Csilli, she is an incredibly slow flyer compared to any other bird we had!

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
One time I had all my budgies on my hand and they were all eating millet, then Grim rolled on her back in my hand so she could eat more easily, eventually the other budgies left but she was still laying in my hand eating, then she rolled to the side but she was holding onto one of her wings flight feathers with her foot! She fell and almost hit the ground but let go at the last second and caught herself, I thought for sure she was gonna hit the ground! πŸ˜…

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
One time I had all my budgies on my hand and they were all eating millet, then Grim rolled on her back in my hand so she could eat more easily, eventually the other budgies left but she was still laying in my hand eating, then she rolled to the side but she was holding onto one of her wings flight feathers with her foot! She fell and almost hit the ground but let go at the last second and caught herself, I thought for sure she was gonna hit the ground! πŸ˜…
Picasso does that all the time, one day she rolled onto her back and got stuck because she spread her wings out.

Most Reactions

Latest posts