What to do

Munalondon

Nov 15, 2021
Parrots
1 alexandrine
I have had my Alexandrine for the past 9 months she is very attached to me
My problem is that she loves destroy things
she loves making holes in fabric cushions clothes wooden door and yesterday OMG she removed keys from my laptop and now i am suffering putting them back no full stop apologies . At the beginning she was not behavinglike this. she has a cardboard box and toys
IMG_20220125_134541.jpg
IMG_20220125_134513.jpg

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Hello!

What to do? Welcome to owning a parrot, they’re destructive. Some more than others.

Think of them like toddlers. If you don’t want something damaged or destroyed, don’t leave them within reach of your bird.

Give your bird ample opportunity for destructive toys a d especially foraging opportunities. A busy bird is less destructive.

Note the LESS destructive part. You can’t stop this really, it’s in their nature and it’s what you signed up for when you brought a parrot into your home. You can simply make every attempt to redirect, which won’t ever be a guarantee.

OP
Munalondon

Munalondon

Nov 15, 2021
Parrots
1 alexandrine
Thanks I was just worried that there was something wrong, she has toys but somehow prefers to destroy my belongings, also her memory is so good she remembers exactly places she has been

Most Reactions