Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Ekkie? Lorikeet? Macaw hybrid?

Make sure to do TONS of research before bringing ANY parrot into your home, even if you already have one! Both ekkies and lorikeets have a special diet that is different from other parrots.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
1. There are no parrot breeds but species.
2. What time does it appear? It's hard to find it, it's 4 hours!

My first thought on 'red parrot with black head" is a black capped lory but could be a totally different species

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
At 36 minutes, there’s a red-bodied lory or lorikeet who has some dark coloring on its head and wings-a black cap, blue nape of neck, black tummy, and green (?) wings and tail. Shortly before that time there is a pair of eclectus parrots in which the female has a black beak. I saw other red and dark green? Lories/lorikeets as well as what I think was an Australian king parrot which was mostly red with some green.
I’m trying to watch this to see if maybe I can fall asleep watching β€œrelaxing” things.

Last edited:

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
At 36 minutes, there’s a red-bodied lory or lorikeet who has some dark coloring on its head and wings-a black cap, blue neck(?) and green wings and tail. Shortly before that time there is a pair of eclectus parrots in which the female has a black beak. I saw other red and dark green? Lories/lorikeets as well as what I think was an Australian king parrot which was mostly red with some green.
I’m trying to watch this to see if maybe I can fall asleep watching β€œrelaxing” things.
I'm on mobile and skipping turns out to be so terrible... Somehow I skipped to 36 minutes and I can confirm two lories - black capped lory and dusky in the background. I'm not able to skip to the ekkies but I am sure the red and green isn't ekkie

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I'm on mobile and skipping turns out to be so terrible... Somehow I skipped to 36 minutes and I can confirm two lories - black capped lory and dusky in the background. I'm not able to skip to the ekkies but I am sure the red and green isn't ekkie
Sounds right. I was having trouble with skipping around, too. I think we found the querant’s bird ID. 😎

I checked online species and indeed there are black capped lories in this YouTube video which fit the poster’s description.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Interesting quest!
When one views two Mac's enjoying views over a 360 degrees as one covers a bit over 180 degrees in one direction and the other covers a bit over 180 degrees in the other. Nothing is going to get by these two hybrid Mac's with forced mutant yellow. Zero black.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Ekkies never have black head, macaws rather either
I know, but I could not think of any red bird with a black head, so I just listed some red birds.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I think his breed name is Rico.....Rico SauvΓ©. At least that's what he tells the ladies. IDK you got to give us a time stamp it's 4 hours long....

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Again, I saw a black capped lory at 36 min and that’s about the only red parrot with a black head that I can think of.

Most Reactions

Latest posts