What's your bird smell like?

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Denim cobalt linnie (neelu)
I love this thread!!!
My Lotus smells very neutral, like baby powder and sometimes faintly of chlorophyll or some similar plant matter.

My Linnie, Neelu, has an almost narcotic smell! It blisses me outā€¦ When she was a baby and snuggled a lot I would literally huff her !
She smells like being at a sunny bougainvillea and flowering vine filled garden party in astral heaven: at a fruit and flower laden table, eating steaming hot fresh crispy Belgian waffles with butter and honey, sitting next to the most beautiful woman or man you can imagine, who exudes some kind of captivating pheromones ā€¦. Itā€™s hard to describe but itā€™s warm, comforting, toasty, hot, delicately musky, fruity, floral, honeyedā€¦ complex but very simple and pure. Literally smells heavenly to me. If only I could bottle this scent!!! My husband thinks Iā€™m weird for obsessing and trying to ā€œget my fixā€ everyday šŸ˜‚
I had heard birds smelled amazing but wasnā€™t prepared for this one.

Thanks for the fun posts!

šŸ„°

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Denim cobalt linnie (neelu)
Why does everyone's bird smell wonderful and mine smells like an old bible that's been sitting in the back of a pew for 30 years? Not that it's a bad smell, but that's exactly what she smells like, an old book.
šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ„²šŸ¤£šŸ„²šŸ¤£

Dan69

Nov 6, 2022
Parrots
Blue Crossover Quaker named Murray
I noticed a few weeks ago Murray had an odd, but not offensive, odor to him. It was a little bit sweet. He had a bath earlier that day and then I put 2 and 2 together. He smells pretty nice when he's all clean :). He likes to bathe a few times a week. Sometimes I will let him "shower" in the sink with the spray attachment, but I have started to put out a bowl of water for him on top of his cage occasionally so he can bathe at will.

Last edited:

HowdyDoDee

Jan 18, 2020
Minnesota
Parrots
Parakeet
My birds smell like nothing. Except when Twila is hormonal, she smells like a barn. šŸ‘šŸŖŗšŸ•ŠļøTwila doesnā€™t smell bad when in breeding condition, just earthy. Almost as if I am living with a guinea pig or a hamster. It lasts only a few days, early in the breeding condition phase.

Attachments

• 301CA7B1-C1A5-4F25-923F-07B77BE81FB9.jpeg
    301CA7B1-C1A5-4F25-923F-07B77BE81FB9.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 32

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I noticed a few weeks ago Murray had an odd, but not offensive, odor to him. It was a little bit sweet. He had a bath earlier that day and then I put 2 and 2 together. He smells pretty nice when he's all clean :). He likes to bathe a few times a week. Sometimes I will let him "shower" in the sink with the spray attachment, but I have started to put out a bowl of water for him on top of his cage occasionally so he can bathe at will.

View attachment 46711
So cute! I will try to get Willow to bathe today. If he wonā€™t then Iā€™ll bring him in the shower with me.

Willow smells like fresh sun dried sheets when heā€™s dry. When heā€™s wet he smells like wet chicken.

Jasper doesnā€™t smell like much at all unless I smell his breath. Then he has pellet/ monkey breath. He likes to lick my nose and tries to pick it which is why Iā€™d know how his breath smells (heā€™s often trying to get his beak in my nose).

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
My senegal Lilla smells like popcorn :)
My budgies don't really smell like much. Just kind of musty. It's really pleasant.

After a bath they smell like herbal tea.

Most Reactions