Which tiel should I pair her up with ? Do cockatiels of this type even breed?

Bluey

Mar 12, 2024
Media
Parrots
Cockatiels
Ring neck
People say that u shouldn’t breed two albinos together , so I know this one is not a true albino but still I wanted to clear my doubts. Can I pair her up with any tiel or are there specifications ? Like if I pair her up with a Lutino would there be issues or am I free to do what I want ? 😂 I know I’m a very skeptic girl 🥹❤️‍🩹🥹

Attachments

• IMG_8470.jpeg
    IMG_8470.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 5

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
People say that u shouldn’t breed two albinos together , so I know this one is not a true albino but still I wanted to clear my doubts. Can I pair her up with any tiel or are there specifications ? Like if I pair her up with a Lutino would there be issues or am I free to do what I want ? 😂 I know I’m a very skeptic girl 🥹❤️‍🩹🥹
As I understand it.
The further away you get from a normal grey cockatiel the more inbreeding it takes to develop the new color mutations.
when you breed two unusual mutations (that may have been inbred to begin with) together you increase the chance of genetic errors in the babies.

I had two lutinos that had genetic issues, I believe they were sisters. Both died young.

OP
B

Bluey

Mar 12, 2024
Media
Parrots
Cockatiels
Ring neck
As I understand it.
The further away you get from a normal grey cockatiel the more inbreeding it takes to develop the new color mutations.
when you breed two unusual mutations (that may have been inbred to begin with) together you increase the chance of genetic errors in the babies.

I had two lutinos that had genetic issues, I believe they were sisters. Both died young.
so that means I should not breeed my albino female ? Her babies would have genetic disorders ? What if I pair her up with a grey ?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
so that means I should not breeed my albino female ? Her babies would have genetic disorders ? What if I pair her up with a grey ?
The way I see it.
Normal grey.
Pied.
cinnamon
and pearl would all be fairly safe.
I would stay away from Lutino, white face and albino.
I am sure there are more I am not even aware of.

my breeding experience is with a male white face (with recessive pearl) and a cinnamon female.
first clutch of 3
1 pearl female
1 lutino female
1 male normal grey.

second clutch
3 normal grey.
1 Lutino.
I don’t know gender cuz I had to sell them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts