Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
fpzehr32kh481.png

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Truly scary! The enormous gaping maw ascending from the deep! Aaaagh!
Seriously! I think I’m gonna print that photo out and maybe draw it bigger!

Willow tries to intimidate me by opening his beak at me when he’s in his cage. I swear I can see all the way down his throat. I’ve gotta get a pic of it sometime.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
well humans do it to themselves, only someone that can't see the iridescent colors in a parrots natural colors has to do this.....

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
The same lady from Facebook posted another fake photo thinking it's real😝

1653324656898.png

And the second one I'm not sure if it's original or another photoshop
1653324721333.png

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Yeah I think the purple budgies are fake, budgies don't really have bright colouring, it's usually slightly dull.
Yup. Also the left one has purple stripes on a white body. That’s fake.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I'll take my rescue budgies that will over those anyways....mine have personality and are bad birds.....which make them good birds.....they just waste a lot of food. When it's bed time I just point to the cage door and say "go on, go inside" they are like ok bed time I get it.....I'd rather have a smart bird over a photoshop bird.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
from Facebook.

Currently I am on 3 parrot-related Polish groups, all of them are moderated by a lady who often shares such fake photos and sometimes she even believes they are real:LOL: (at least she believed in purple hyacinth macaws:LOL:)
It looks like she forgot that purple hyacinthes are fake. I just saw how on all 3 groups she posted a video made by her called "mutations of parrots" and there's this photo πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Edit: Now it's confirmed. She totally forgot what I had written her and thought that purple hyacinthes live in the wild πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Last edited:

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Some of this stuff is just funny. I love bright purple budgies that no one has ever came across. Then again most of us on this parrot forum have experience with parrots, and know better. Imagine the amount of people who have no clue then go looking for a purple hyacinthes macaw, or the bright purple budgies. I would lose it laughing if I worked in a pet store, and someone asked me where the rainbow budgies are… 🀣

Most Reactions

Latest posts