Why he do that?

Safa

Nov 13, 2021
Parrots
Grey parrot
I noticed my parrot doing that shake his wings and Iā€™m trying to understand what he wants i give him favorite food but he is not interested in any thing while doing that itā€™s only doing that when Iā€™m alone with him when my Husband enter the room he stop
He doesnā€™t always do that but itā€™s not the first time and he get upset because I didnā€™t know what he want.

Attachments

• 26D3BA79-47B0-4B3E-8792-B97724DCCDF6.jpeg
    26D3BA79-47B0-4B3E-8792-B97724DCCDF6.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 98

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Shaking wings can actually be a sign of affection, so this may mean he really likes you. It's often a sign of excitement as well. He also can be asking for attention. Observe the rest of his body to know which one the wing shaking means.

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
Hi

According to this article on bird's body language, wing flapping means wanting attention. Try smiling and praising him, saying good boy, look at his eyes as you do. I bet his eyes will enlarge with excitement.

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
I noticed my parrot doing that shake his wings and Iā€™m trying to understand what he wants i give him favorite food but he is not interested in any thing while doing that itā€™s only doing that when Iā€™m alone with him when my Husband enter the room he stop
He doesnā€™t always do that but itā€™s not the first time and he get upset because I didnā€™t know what he want.
This behaviour may be because of excitement if you were out and came back. He may be just stretching or or he may just be cooling off. He may just be a normal behaviour for your bird! As long as he is acting normal and eating,drinking, perching. Beautiful bird!

Most Reactions