ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Ok, this will sound strange. My two GCCs Bella and Zora have been doing this wierd beak bobbing thing. One of them grabs the other beak and they both bob their heads super fast... One 'beak bob', as I call it, lasts about 2-3 seconds, but they do it about 3-5 times.(So it lasts at the most 15 seconds.)

I saw it happen after maybe 3 weeks of bringing them home (I've had them for about 9 weeks), then a little while later I saw it happen again, and again. They would do the bobbing thing about every week or so, but I'm probobaly wrong, since I'm out of the house for a portion of the day. I saw it yesterday, and now today.

I've researched it for a while but couldn't find anything except that mother birds regurgitate food into he baby's mouth this way... :confused: I've been trying to get a video of it, but by the time I;m recording so I can show it to you guys, they're already swinging on a toy or such. Are they playing, or fighting? Anyone with advice on this would greatly help. I'm just confused as to what they're doing. :confused:
P.S. They are 4 months old...

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
They are just feeding each other, or pretending to anyway. My "twins", Scooter and Beebee do it all the time. It's kind of like a social thing to do like hugging.

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Oh... Haha thanks guys! :) If it hadn't been for you guys I would've been on my computer 24/7 typing in 'bird head bobbing' LOL. :p

Most Reactions