Wild Parrot Documentary on YouTube

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
My mom sent this to me. It's about wild parrots in Australia. I looove all the big flocks of parrots!

Part 1
[ame=http://youtu.be/JWZpXuJ4-Ys]AUSTRALIA's WILD PARROTS & COCKATOOS - PBS SPECIAL - Part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Part 2
[ame=http://youtu.be/6Xk8pCTLMNw]AUSTRALIA's WILD PARROTS & COCKATOOS - PBS SPECIAL - Part 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Part of me wants to move to Australia now.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Thanks for the videos... I haven't seen them before...

Australia is a great place for parrots...

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Thanks for posting...watched the first half. In my ignorance I didn't realize there were black cockatoo's. I was drawn to them in the video.......

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Acorn - a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure;
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Cricket - an American Budgie
It's not surprizing that you were unaware of them. The two mentioned in the videos are very expensive birds, but you can get them both as pets.

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
The black ones are so beautiful! Of course the white ones are too, but we see them more often. I didn't know they existed until somebody posted about them on here in the "Dream Birds" post. :)

Does anybody know why the white cockatoos are more popular as pets than the black ones? Are the black ones harder to breed or take care of?

The woman who owns the local parrot rescue has a palm cockatoo that she rescued, but she's holding onto it. :)

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I recently saw a Black red-tailed cockatoo on a forum in Australia for a small amount of money, compared to the bird in question...

I would have loved to take him, but... due to my previous experience with parrots, I didn't inquire...

Most Reactions

Latest posts