Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Voted for Mishka. Needle in the neck is the usual way to draw blood from a bird. That is where the skilll of an avain vet comes into play. Quick and painless.

A new Dr Kyle was assisting. He just qualified, and started working on Monday. The poor guy struggled, and had to call Paul in to assist.
36_17_1.gif

I tried to make light of it saying we all got to start somewhere, and it's so true.
Paul showed him how, and before we knew it it was over.

Last edited:
OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
well i'm jumping on the bandwagon too! beau, mossy and willow are off for a check up and nail trim on monday, so as mishka is so brave, i've taken the plunge and getting them all dna sexed! x

Congrat's for taking the plunge........
It took me 3 years........................
Scary and exciting at the same time

Ladyeclectic

Oct 6, 2010
Central California
Parrots
Green-cheek Conure "Mishka" - Sun conure "Calypso"
I vote keep "Mishka", partly because I like it better and partly because the name itself is suitable for either male or female (which is why I used it for my GCC). Anyway I like the "K" sound Mishka makes with her name in the videos - it's the one hard sound in the name and she seems to enjoy it. :)

Not as gorgeous as pretty much the only male on the planet I wouldn't climb over to get to hubby who is also a Supernatural star Jensen Ackles.....

ROFL!!!!! Yeah, I'm totally there with you sister. :32:

Last edited:
OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I vote keep "Mishka", partly because I like it better and partly because the name itself is suitable for either male or female (which is why I used it for my GCC). Anyway I like the "K" sound Mishka makes with her name in the videos - it's the one hard sound in the name and she seems to enjoy it. :)

I also love the K sound in Mishka and agree that it is for either sex.
My guys love the idea of another brother LoL

wuvzbirdies

May 5, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Russell Peters (R.I.P. my baby)
I voted Mishka, mainly because we've all become attached to her in some way and that's just her name! I love Mishka's name!

MISHKA!MISHKA!MISHKA! (fists pumping in the air)

Last edited:

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Yeah, I agree with everybody. Just keep Mishka. I knoow he/she wouldn't mind. She's still going to love you the same :)

I hope Mishka is still a girl or that'll mess up my book!!! lol. It's ok. I can fix it if have to :)

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Hey Ant... glad Mishka had a clean bill of health... that is the main thing..

I voted for Mishka... she/he will always be Mishka to me...

Alienation

Banned
Banned
Nov 2, 2010
Media
Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Awaiting my baby blue front...
Haha. Glad you decided to change to Misha. Mishko just reminded me of the episode of Friends where Pheobe says Rachael should name her baby Pheobe if it's a girl, and Pheobo if it's a boy XD The OBGYN then said "I know it's none of my business, but please don't name your baby Pheobo"

I'm surprised that a number of members don't know the sex of their birds. I don't mean it in a bad way, just that personally not knowing would annoy me so much. It frustrates me not knowing if my boyfriend's bird is male or female! Imagine if it was my own bird! I guess I'm just a bit OCD, but I could NEVER choose a name without knowing the gender and generally I prefer male animals to females anyway. Although if I can't get a male amazon I won't turn down a female! The first amazon I met was a female and I fell in love with her.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Congratulations on the clean bill of health!

I'm excited to hear the results of the test. I love the name 'Mishka', and would be hesitant about changing it even if 'she' was really a 'he'.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
In my mind and heart Mishka has always been Mishka so I vote Girl! :D How exciting! :D

I am so excited one minute and not so the next LoL
Now when Mishka says to me.......................
Mommy Mishka is a girl? ...............
15_9_23.gif

I say I really don't know my baby
23_33_7.gif

Well at least I am not lying to her

Last edited:
OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Today Mishka is saying Mishka is a boy Mommy
I guess no matter the sex will be, even Mishka is comfortable with either

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
hahahah!

Ahhh Mishka/Misha <333333

I need to make her a medal saying: Worlds most laid back bird!

xxxxx

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Okay people .....
I am gone for a few days (traveling ) and when I check in, the forum is on its head. Just ask her.She'll tell you, Mishka is a girl! As for my husband, he is actually Mikhail and Misha is the "soft" or "nick " name for Mikhail ...like Mike is to Michael in English. He immigrated to the US in 1989 at 32 so you can imagine his accent when speaking English . So as he has seen many Mishka vids from Antoinette I asked his opinion on Mishka vs. Misha. He said Mishka works for a boy too and that his grandmother called him that when he was very young when no one much worries about gender role modeling. He pointed out that regardless of DNA results, Mishka feels like a girl so that may be that as our gay friend Sue says. whatever ...we all love our Mishka.

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
LOL Ant!

Don't worry *hugs*

Life is like washing your clothes! We fill up with water, go through the agitate cycle, get spun and flung in every direction, feel drained....sometimes we get treated to conditioner but all in all....IT WILL ALL COME OUT IN THE WASH! xxxx

Also Barb, that was a long way of telling us that you are not married to Misha Collins :D:D:D:D:D. Great! We don't have to turn green and froth at the mouth everytime we see you now :D:D:D! How was your trip?

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Okay people .....
I am gone for a few days (traveling ) and when I check in, the forum is on its head. Just ask her.She'll tell you, Mishka is a girl! As for my husband, he is actually Mikhail and Misha is the "soft" or "nick " name for Mikhail ...like Mike is to Michael in English. He immigrated to the US in 1989 at 32 so you can imagine his accent when speaking English . So as he has seen many Mishka vids from Antoinette I asked his opinion on Mishka vs. Misha. He said Mishka works for a boy too and that his grandmother called him that when he was very young when no one much worries about gender role modeling. He pointed out that regardless of DNA results, Mishka feels like a girl so that may be that as our gay friend Sue says. whatever ...we all love our Mishka.

Oh NO NO NO ................................. now I have to start all over again.
I was going to ask you what Mishi's second name was
36_1_44.gif

Thanks for the explanation, but I am more confused than ever, :( you know me "Bird Brain"

I am so sure Mishka knows what is going on, she is saying her name, in so many different ways, and tones, asking earlier if she is a boy, and now, she has changed her name to Mishi

How am I ever going to fill in
23_23_15.gif
/
23_23_20.gif
Birth Certificate

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Definitely not Misha Collins ....which is a good thing for me given I am a middle aged over weight red head going gray! Collins wouldn't give me a second look. My Misha is a six foot tall, brown eyed, silver and bronze haired character who even after all these years is the love of my life. Trip was frustrating ...the polio seems to have the upper hand. Working on that.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
P.s. Von...loved the washing machine anology. I think I am caught in the spin cycle trying to pry more vaccine out of a bunch of politicians ...guess that's why they call it WASHINGton.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
P.s. Von...loved the washing machine anology. I think I am caught in the spin cycle trying to pry more vaccine out of a bunch of politicians ...guess that's why they call it WASHINGton.

My spin cycle just continues to spin and spin

Most Reactions

Latest posts