Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Sure looks like it! Not very responsible on the breeder's part to sell you a Jenday, then oops!... Makes you wonder if they gave you the right hatch date, or if they even keep their records straight :52:. Beautiful bird you have anyway!!

Last edited:
OP
Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis

Jul 11, 2014
Leesburg, VA
Parrots
White Bellied Caique - 1 yr
Sure looks like it! Not very responsible on the breeder's part to sell you a Jenday, then oops!... Makes you wonder if they gave you the right hatch date, or if they even keep their records straight :52:. Beautiful bird you have anyway!!

No doubt, he is definitely a Sun. He is now 1 yr and 2 mo's old. Doing very well. Not a sqwauky Conure. Only calls out when we get home from work and before we cover him up to go night-night. Loves everyone in the house and is generally very good tempered. He has his moments but so do all of us. Seems like a balanced bird, guess we got lucky with him. My daughter who is 5 is able to remove him from the cage, carry him around on her shoulder and put him back without issues. No biting at all. That's a good thing.

:orange:

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
I gave him some apple and strawberry and he shook his head after tasting it like they were the worst thing ever...

Pumpkin does this with all new foods. Just keep trying. I eat new foods with Pumpkin so he sees it is meant to be eaten and as soon as i have something he inevitably wants it so it really eases the introductions. Keep trying. That head shake doesn't REALLY mean it is the worst thing they have ever tasted... they are just drama queens. ;) Honestly you're lucky hes willing to even taste it.

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Oh wow i just read all the way through the comments. He really looks like a sun to me. It was probably a mistake on Petcos part rather than the breeder. My petco doesn't know squat about birds....

Most Reactions