Would my bird be happier staying at home? 🦜

VJB2

Member
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
37
Reaction score
13
Hi everyone, I have a bit of a dilemma and would really appreciate some advice.

I have a very sweet, quiet Green Cheek who is quite happy entertaining himself at home. I’m going away and had arranged for a pet sitter to look after him, but although she initially seemed lovely, she has since been sending me messages constantly, including quite personal questions, and I’m now feeling uncomfortable about leaving my bird with her.

A trusted friend has offered to come to our home every day, bring her work and stay for a couple of hours while caring for him. I’m wondering if this might actually be the better option, especially as birds are often happier in their own familiar environment.

What would you do? Would you choose daily visits from a trusted friend rather than leaving your bird with someone you’ve never met who is already making you uncomfortable?

I’d really appreciate your thoughts and experiences. 🌸
 
Hi everyone, I have a bit of a dilemma and would really appreciate some advice.

I have a very sweet, quiet Green Cheek who is quite happy entertaining himself at home. I’m going away and had arranged for a pet sitter to look after him, but although she initially seemed lovely, she has since been sending me messages constantly, including quite personal questions, and I’m now feeling uncomfortable about leaving my bird with her.

A trusted friend has offered to come to our home every day, bring her work and stay for a couple of hours while caring for him. I’m wondering if this might actually be the better option, especially as birds are often happier in their own familiar environment.

What would you do? Would you choose daily visits from a trusted friend rather than leaving your bird with someone you’ve never met who is already making you uncomfortable?

I’d really appreciate your thoughts and experiences. 🌸
I think you already know the answer, just by the title of your thread, let alone by the red flags of how uncomfortable this proposed pet sitter is making you feel. Nothing can ever be 100% guaranteed of course, but personally I would pick a trusted friend in a situation like this. 💝
 
I'd definitely go with the friend. We have had pet sitters come to our house, but it's a small company and we've been working with the same people for years, so our pets know them well (and we haven't had them pet sit since we got Buddy because we want him to be more comfortable before we think about that). Leaving your pet with someone is a big deal, so I wouldn't work with someone who made me at all uncomfortable.
 
Back
Top Bottom