Would anyone in the Redlands CA area be able to adopt a black capped conure?

Ladahlen

Apr 8, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conures
37CA16DD-6DBD-4170-BB42-4CE32CC12861.jpeg

She’s at a Petco in Citrus plaza being sold for 899.99, she’s so sweet, incredibly playful, and has been at that store for weeks. An employee had told me she was planning to take her home but when I had came back last night she was still there. She has so many stress bars, tail feathers completely mangled.

I called in today and petco would be able to price match petsmarts price which is 679.00 it’s unfortunately still too much money for me, and with me just recently taking in another conure. It’s not the best decision for me to be getting another bird so soon.

I was able to post a video on my tik tok, Cheerfulbettakeeper, if anyone wants the link to share I can private message it to you. The video isn’t getting much traction on my platform.

I would hope that maybe someone who lives in the area can give her a loving home. I’m from Redlands CA and she is at the Petco on Lugonia Ave. She is the black capped conure (being sold as a green cheek) on the bottom left corner where all the conures are being sold. She’s just such a loving bird and literally comes up to me every time I’m there wanting to play. She would make an amazing addition to anyones family

Jun 1, 2022
Parrots
2 green cheek conures and a black capped conure
I can't believe I came across your post here and this photo . I actually just rescued that sweet conure yesterday and she is in good hands . She Looked so much worse then your photo I couldn't leave her there . We have her... (I keep calling her a her lol still needs a name )all set up and destressed . She's eating pellets and veggies and we've been spraying her down with a Aloe spray from the wonderful birdtricks.com . And am setting up a vet apt .
View attachment 38253

She’s at a Petco in Citrus plaza being sold for 899.99, she’s so sweet, incredibly playful, and has been at that store for weeks. An employee had told me she was planning to take her home but when I had came back last night she was still there. She has so many stress bars, tail feathers completely mangled.

I called in today and petco would be able to price match petsmarts price which is 679.00 it’s unfortunately still too much money for me, and with me just recently taking in another conure. It’s not the best decision for me to be getting another bird so soon.

I was able to post a video on my tik tok, Cheerfulbettakeeper, if anyone wants the link to share I can private message it to you. The video isn’t getting much traction on my platform.

I would hope that maybe someone who lives in the area can give her a loving home. I’m from Redlands CA and she is at the Petco on Lugonia Ave. She is the black capped conure (being sold as a green cheek) on the bottom left corner where all the conures are being sold. She’s just such a loving bird and literally comes up to me every time I’m there wanting to play. She would make an amazing addition to anyones family
can't believe I came across your post here and this photo . I actually just rescued that sweet conure yesterday and she is in good hands . She Looked so much worse then your photo I couldn't leave her there she melted my heart . We have her... (I keep calling her a her lol still needs a name )all set up and destressed . She's eating pellets and veggies and we've been spraying her down with a Aloe spray from the wonderful birdtricks.com . And am setting up a vet apt .
20220530_145737.jpg
20220531_115640.jpg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I can't believe I came across your post here and this photo . I actually just rescued that sweet conure yesterday and she is in good hands . She Looked so much worse then your photo I couldn't leave her there . We have her... (I keep calling her a her lol still needs a name )all set up and destressed . She's eating pellets and veggies and we've been spraying her down with a Aloe spray from the wonderful birdtricks.com . And am setting up a vet apt .

can't believe I came across your post here and this photo . I actually just rescued that sweet conure yesterday and she is in good hands . She Looked so much worse then your photo I couldn't leave her there she melted my heart . We have her... (I keep calling her a her lol still needs a name )all set up and destressed . She's eating pellets and veggies and we've been spraying her down with a Aloe spray from the wonderful birdtricks.com . And am setting up a vet apt . View attachment 40495View attachment 40496
Aww. That is the most precious Homecoming photo! And what pretty feathering.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This is so awesome! So many times we never know the outcome, and I'm so glad that this sweetheart has such a wonderful update:)

Most Reactions