WTF is up with voting for Parrot of the Month?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
What the heck is going on here? 130 views of the Parrot of the Month candidates and only 9 people voted !! Nine. Out of 130 people who viewed the pictures. I hope to God that the Presidential Election gets a better voting ratio than this PotM contest, becasue if it gets a similar turn out, we deserve to loose our democracy.

Vote. It's your voice.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Well Al, sometimes I vote shortly after the pole is up and running, and sometimes it's a day or two later. It all depends on whether there is a clear choice in my mind or if I need to get Julio involved. And, this month is a 'must have Julio' involved...

Not sure how others proceed, but maybe they will add their high-end logic to this process.

Moxie

Sep 25, 2020
Texoma
Parrots
macaws
What the heck is going on here? 130 views of the Parrot of the Month candidates and only 9 people voted !! Nine. Out of 130 people who viewed the pictures. I hope to God that the Presidential Election gets a better voting ratio than this PotM contest, becasue if it gets a similar turn out, we deserve to loose our democracy.

Vote. It's your voice.

I voted this morning. Maybe all the view are from people checking on the status.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Voting for POTM tends to accelerate as deadline looms. I generally scroll through images and allow them to percolate in my head before casting a late choice.

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

:D :D
I did voted just now... I usually missed it.. BUT your thread made me do it...

This is for Mr. Jim/Amy too... ;)

**CHUUUUUUUUUU*

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Well, Julio chimed in this morning and although, I feel that his recommendation was heavily influenced by his on-going comradeship with his choice (rumor has it they burn-up the internet after-hours). We participated (voted).

FYI: Yes, the visits to a Thread includes both members and visitors. That said, tons of revisits by members to note any new photos!

Last edited:

Most Reactions