Yes, the baby -does- snore

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Saturdays are the best day of the week :D

Baby still has a big mouth! I could hear him while I was outside the house ringing the bell. I swear s/he was waiting for me though (hah, wishful thinking I'm sure! :p) Once I sat down with baby s/he immediately climbed up my shoulder to snuggle into my neck again.

nNBKsL4jLk1vT0fg4zY2fONRnCEl5Kg7lrUYhThA1rUw280-h497-no_zps0f42840e.jpg

And then pretty promptly fell asleep. Here's the noise baby always makes while falling asleep.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvJDw-p9FE&feature=youtu.be"]Baby macaw falling asleep - YouTube[/ame]

And here is the noise baby makes -while- s/he is asleep (sorry for the weird camera angle).

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQYOLNDG5Xs&feature=youtu.be"]Baby macaw snores - YouTube[/ame]

When baby woke up s/he kept biting my shirt, so I figured I'd see if s/he wanted to play with a toy. S/he did.

20140906_153831_zps7e6281a7.jpg

Here's baby playing -- again sorry for the bad camera-ing.. hard to video when I can't see the screen!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8SVmyB5JNg&feature=youtu.be"]Baby macaw plays with toys - YouTube[/ame]

Baby was tuckered after playing for a while and needed another nap.

A350IY4SEi0Hs6gsrBVxtKVnGOGMsGxgNYJkMAovzaUw965-h543-no_zpsa635e638.jpg

I am told that baby has become extremely interested in eating real foods, and is very active and tries to follow the gentleman rearing him around whenever he has the chance.

Still not enough feathers to test for gender yet, but they're starting to come in. Maybe next week or the week after. Fingers crossed!

I think we're pretty settled on Echo as a name for a girl, but we just can't decide on a boy name. Personally, I like Dash.. but hubby and the kids do not. They're okay with Vandal, but don't love it. The kids both like Rhys and Dante and hubby likes Leonidas or Aristotle.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I love Rhys! Is it pronounced like Reese? It's unisex and goes well with Zephyr!

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
He looks like a Bubba or a Baxter to me ^^

Hehe, now I want some pet sea monkeys so I can name one Bubba. Baxter is cute, though it makes me think of a rabbit (probably because a friend in elementary school had Baxter the Bunny).

Vandal is a great name for a boy, I bet he'd live right up to it too! Great videos, thanks for sharing :)

Now if I can just talk everyone else into Vandal! I think it's really cute, and I figure it is mischievous enough for a blue and gold.

I love Rhys! Is it pronounced like Reese? It's unisex and goes well with Zephyr!

This is probably my favourite of the names that hubby/kids have picked. The kids came up with it (not sure from where.. a game maybe?), but they've been pronouncing it like Wrist without a 't' at the end. I googled it though, after you asked, and it does appear that it should be pronounced like Reese. I'll have to see what the kids think!

I like Riley too -- that's a cute one :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts