You Are My Sunshine

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
Oh, as an interesting observation- yesterday my son and his family came over for lunch. Sunny knows them quite well- has stayed with them when we are out of town, and they are over very regularly So she is vdry friendly and comfortable with them. We had lunch, but since there were many more at the table I didn‘t have Sunny eat at my place with me. Her cage is right by the table, and she ate her veggies while we ate, but after, when I got her out of her cage- she pitched a fit! She just screamed, and screamed, and screamed- right in my face!!😝 Lots of hot parrot breath! (Am I the only one that loves the hot parrot breath?) But I am quite certain she was totally pissed off that she wasnt ‘included’, as in, invited to the table, for the meal. She was totally bent out of shape!!!! I apologized, gave treats, apologized…. Head scritches (after she settled down enough) then she was ok. But she hasn’t been excluded form another meal and has been fine. Just think she felt like she wasn’t invited! Silly bird

YYHa

Mar 29, 2022
Parrots
Budgie, GCC
Oh, as an interesting observation- yesterday my son and his family came over for lunch. Sunny knows them quite well- has stayed with them when we are out of town, and they are over very regularly So she is vdry friendly and comfortable with them. We had lunch, but since there were many more at the table I didn‘t have Sunny eat at my place with me. Her cage is right by the table, and she ate her veggies while we ate, but after, when I got her out of her cage- she pitched a fit! She just screamed, and screamed, and screamed- right in my face!!😝 Lots of hot parrot breath! (Am I the only one that loves the hot parrot breath?) But I am quite certain she was totally pissed off that she wasnt ‘included’, as in, invited to the table, for the meal. She was totally bent out of shape!!!! I apologized, gave treats, apologized…. Head scritches (after she settled down enough) then she was ok. But she hasn’t been excluded form another meal and has been fine. Just think she felt like she wasn’t invited! Silly bird
Awwww, such an adorable little birdie 😍 Thats just like my Cinnamon GCC, she always tries to steal my meal, she eats beside me with her own meal too! If I don’t offer her any, she makes an angry chirp sound, kinda like a duck quack and goes to nibble on my finger to ask me for some.

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny and I had a major scare yesterday. I had her in the office with me, its in our basement. I had her branch perch and her play pen with us, and had the wood ladder strung in between. She was having a great time zooming all over the set up and all was good. Until I had to get an envelope I saw sticking out from under the play pen. I got on my knees and went to move things to get it and my butt hit the stand that the branch perch was on, where sunny was on the top playing, and the whole setup came crashing down!!! My instant thought was that she had gotten tangled and taken down with it, but i immediately her her flying. She flew out of our office, into the next room that is very large, and was pretty dark except for the glass doors on one end. She flew to the doors and (thank god) turned before hitting them, then banked left into my shoe rack then dropped a few feet to the floor and got under a small table. I had been running after her the whole time yelling “SUNNY!!!” 😩 I got to the table and put my hand out and she ran to it and jumped up. I kept up “:I’m soooo sorry! Im soooo sorry!!!” And she chattered for about 45 seconds then wanted in my shirt. She crawled into her “comfort zone” in my shirt perched on my bra and didnt make a move or sound for about 15 minutes. I just held her from the outside of the shirt and spoke very quietly to her.
Ugh!!! I felt like such an idiot!!! I was so certain that she had been injured, but, other than getting the daylights scared out of her, she is fine. She even got back on that perch today- after attacking it a few times. I let her take her time and she did get on it herself. It should be safe as long as i keep my butt away from it!!! But it certainly brings home how small and fragile they are, how much you love them, and how dependent they are on you to keep them safe. I dont know how I could forgive myself if i did an idiotic thing like that and she got injured- just unimaginable!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Sunny and I had a major scare yesterday. I had her in the office with me, its in our basement. I had her branch perch and her play pen with us, and had the wood ladder strung in between. She was having a great time zooming all over the set up and all was good. Until I had to get an envelope I saw sticking out from under the play pen. I got on my knees and went to move things to get it and my butt hit the stand that the branch perch was on, where sunny was on the top playing, and the whole setup came crashing down!!! My instant thought was that she had gotten tangled and taken down with it, but i immediately her her flying. She flew out of our office, into the next room that is very large, and was pretty dark except for the glass doors on one end. She flew to the doors and (thank god) turned before hitting them, then banked left into my shoe rack then dropped a few feet to the floor and got under a small table. I had been running after her the whole time yelling “SUNNY!!!” 😩 I got to the table and put my hand out and she ran to it and jumped up. I kept up “:I’m soooo sorry! Im soooo sorry!!!” And she chattered for about 45 seconds then wanted in my shirt. She crawled into her “comfort zone” in my shirt perched on my bra and didnt make a move or sound for about 15 minutes. I just held her from the outside of the shirt and spoke very quietly to her.
Ugh!!! I felt like such an idiot!!! I was so certain that she had been injured, but, other than getting the daylights scared out of her, she is fine. She even got back on that perch today- after attacking it a few times. I let her take her time and she did get on it herself. It should be safe as long as i keep my butt away from it!!! But it certainly brings home how small and fragile they are, how much you love them, and how dependent they are on you to keep them safe. I dont know how I could forgive myself if i did an idiotic thing like that and she got injured- just unimaginable!

That must have scared you so badly! I'm glad she's back to normal. Hopefully she chalks it up to sudden storm that knocked her branch! ❤️

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Yes!it really was terrifying until I heard her wings flapping! I had thought - Oh!!! She’s crushed in this cascade! Whooooo! Thank goodness it didnt happen

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
She has certainly suffered no ill effects from the perch mishap, and I have made sure it is supported much better. Not anything I wish to repeat!

I had some great lighting the other day and the sun really highlighted her colors;
AADB8D84-360A-4AC9-B0F1-D6A04D85EDD2.jpeg

Notice the fixture bracket above the mirror- in keeping with my klutz phase - i was replacing some bulbs in that fixture- and the whole dang thing came crashing down!!😳 i must have tweaked it at a weird angle, have never, ever had that happen before!! ‘Guess i don know ma own strenth” 🤣🤣

Most Reactions