PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
That’s a great name!!! Love it!

more family dinners,

3EE3D110-8E15-409D-98A9-5E895B00C318.png

She has chop, a pepper end, cauliflower, and a little glass dish with water. In case she gets thirsty🤣

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Oh yes- not only is Sunny gorgeous (slightly biased😁), she is very clever.
1CDE65A7-6813-4098-ACD8-A3C93CEB7A00.jpeg

She loves to play on This perch by her cage. When she has open cage time. Few days ago she was on it and I noticed she was eating a green bean. But then i realized I hadn’t given her a green bean that day, it was the day before. Asked hubby if he gave it to her, he said she got it out of the base of her tree perch. I went and looked at the perch base and sure enough, that little smartie had taken food from her cage dish and carried it all the way up over the cage, down “tree“, and put it in the base! 🤣 there were also some dried chili pieces and a pea sprout. She was having herself a little picnic!

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Hahahaha! Sorry moderators- I seem to be having issues with this!!🤣🤣 I am so sorry and i will try to figure out what it is I am doing that is causing the goof ups, as in multiple posts…. 👍 But no promises tho, I have some serious tech issues!! WOOT WOOT!! Isn’t it fun tho?!?!? Never know what you’re gonna get…..

Last edited:
OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny had a very nice dinner plate of assorted veggies (seen just over her head) but she went gonzo over the smashed potatoes on my plate instead! I had to get a little more to make up for what she ate and threw!😂
1B929D3C-7FFF-4764-9A8F-5A4DE72CE75C.jpeg

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
And nap time! Sunny will zonk out like this very frequently- tho she is more prone to get all excited and chompy when she rolls on her back. She will be on your shoulder, you feel her kinda ‘roll or lean into you’ and out of the corner of your eye you can see her little foot reaching and grabbing at the air- looking for your finger!!! It is beyond hilarious and tugs quite hard at those heart strings!!! So cute!!
84DB54A8-8DC0-4152-AA6A-9ED0DD43255E.jpeg

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,its is so cute best nap time ever!!!!!!
And nap time! Sunny will zonk out like this very frequently- tho she is more prone to get all excited and chompy when she rolls on her back. She will be on your shoulder, you feel her kinda ‘roll or lean into you’ and out of the corner of your eye you can see her little foot reaching and grabbing at the air- looking for your finger!!! It is beyond hilarious and tugs quite hard at those heart strings!!! So cute!!View attachment 37580

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Sunny had a very nice dinner plate of assorted veggies (seen just over her head) but she went gonzo over the smashed potatoes on my plate instead! I had to get a little more to make up for what she ate and threw!😂
View attachment 37579
just like my bird sky my bird would see and make sure there is food then she targets her eye on her prey and poof! she goes and lands with her feet on the food

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Ahhhh! Another wonderful day hanging out with Sunny! Had some chores to do and Sunny is a great help 😏. Today she was chief laundry inspector
0C2DBC3F-5BED-4905-84CE-AD413905BB4E.jpeg

Yes! These socks smell nice and fresh!

and then Chief laundry folding inspector
A2BEA328-BAE0-4130-8947-C244F6C9A3BF.jpeg

Nope, you need to do this one again. Sorry, just how it is.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
You have a beautiful sun conure!

I have to ask how you got your conure to eat veggies? Getting my conure to eat anything but zupreem nut flavored pellets seems impossible. I won’t even start typing the list of behavioral issues she has if offered veggies instead of her pellets. I’d be sitting here for awhile!

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
And- again another bath! Sunny gets a bit anxious for a bath if has been mor than a day or 2 from her last- even a spritz wont do- must get wet!!!
302D9FB7-1A26-4ADB-ACD4-5704B951FA57.jpeg

wings with a water fling.
5207CE18-FCD9-4294-9701-BFFC2EC2A48C.jpeg

Come hither bating beauty look. 🤣

And then, her audience:
9D725CED-ED90-46B4-A62B-674C11370283.jpeg

“What on earth are you doing?!?!?! 🤣🤣🤣
the poor pooch just couldn’t get what on earth she was doing

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
So- to eat veggies. Ugh! Such a challenge! I offered tons of different stuff, first thing in morning, and at all times during the day , not tons of enthusiasm as a response.. but i really have to say that the game changer was having her eat with us. I make he/her a little plate with an assortment of veg chunks and put it right by my plate. I eat, make yummy sounds, bob my head, hubby did the same…. And it sorta took. Another thing i did was get into the routine of getting her first thing in the morning from her cage, having her poop on her play pen perch (then treat of course!) then we have kisses/snuggle/play time, then breakfast. Breakfast is chop and some assorted veg chunks, along with me having my breakfast and at the table course! Other than her ‘poop’ treats, she has had no access to anything else so is hungry. (Well, actually she has food in her cage, but don't think she gets into that first thing in the morning)
But including her/him(?) in our meals has been huge. She will forage thru whatever I have put out for her. My kids totally harass me🤣 but I have little dishes for her, or a little plate and a little dish of water. Think she feels like it is a “proper’ meal time! 🤣🤣 It may seem nuts, but it has totally turned the tide on the veg consumption. I just keep offering, keep trying… sometimes she just plays with it, but other times eats it. I think just being persistent in your offering, and having shared eating time is huge.

Most Reactions