You know you're a Parront when...

Vickiesbirds

Oct 25, 2010
1.) When you spend more time cooking for your birds when you do yourself.
2.) When you wish a glue company would develop a glue from the enzymes found in bird poop... that glue would stick to ANYTHING!
3.) When all your classmates know you as "that girl with all the birds".

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Toulouse- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure
Hahaha Vickie... Number 3 is so true. But all my friends also know me as "the one who is in love with birds" or "the bird lady" . :rolleyes: I'll have a group of friends come over and they'll hear loud sqwaking and "Hello's", and a couple of my friends go: I'll be back... Ima go get Toulouse. LOL they all love her.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
When you wake up in a hotel room on the other side of the world from your home and your phone alarm is saying, "Pretty baby... what a pretty baby!" (Kids obviously fiddled with my alarm with Gem's help the last time I was home!)

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
When your bird comes out with something that you can't quite make out and you say: Pardon?

Silly me....

Jodi

Oct 1, 2010
East Coast United States
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure Panini
Blue Crown Conure Amos
when you...have to run out for milk, get in the car and realize you have leftover birdie breakfast in your hair, and a possible "bird bomb" on your shoulder...and keep going! =)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
OMG this is living proof of being a parront
Two minutes ago Steven was reading a post on the forum, and we were discussing it
I turned around to ask him something and said Stevie birdie instead of Stevie boy
Well he gave me the "hair eye ball look" like never before

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
When your hubby asks you what you'd like for Xmas and you reply with a couple of harnesses for pheonix lol

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Three times last week, Ken picked one of Fred's big floofies out of my hair. My hair has grown some, and is curly, so I guess they get stuck there. I'm grateful that Ken notices, and removes them( he preens me!!!LOL!!!)...other than that, I'd have gome to my dentist appointment with a large floofie in my hair!!!
giggle.gif

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Three times last week, Ken picked one of Fred's big floofies out of my hair. My hair has grown some, and is curly, so I guess they get stuck there. I'm grateful that Ken notices, and removes them( he preens me!!!LOL!!!)...other than that, I'd have gome to my dentist appointment with a large floofie in my hair!!!
giggle.gif

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
When you adore your spouse, love and respect your kids and cherish the rest of your family but your screen saver and phone wall paper are both of a couple of destructo parrots

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
When you come running down the stairs at breakneck speed into a shop that isn't as empty as you'd like and STILL present your husband with a palmful of around 8 green feathers.

You know HE'S a parront when he says: Oh my gaaawd, bigger ones! All from last night? Acccch our Cal is growing up so quickly!

It's condemned in stone that you're a parront when you ignore your customers inquisitive stares and continue to gawp at the feathers....

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
When you come running down the stairs at breakneck speed into a shop that isn't as empty as you'd like and STILL present your husband with a palmful of around 8 green feathers.

You know HE'S a parront when he says: Oh my gaaawd, bigger ones! All from last night? Acccch our Cal is growing up so quickly!

It's condemned in stone that you're a parront when you ignore your customers inquisitive stares and continue to gawp at the feathers....

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
I know.....bird brain doesn't even cover it!

I knew there was no point trying to explain to customers, it'd just make it worse!!!

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
You know you're a parront when you go to see your baby, see she's covered in splodges of red and instantly panic, pull her close and try to find her injury, ignore the fact she's fine and is squaking at you agitatedly. Even although there's a lot of blood - including up the wall, you can't find a cut ANYWHERE.

You know you've got a bird brain when you fail to remember that LESS THAN AN HOUR AGO you defrosted and fed your fid "fruits of the forest" and she's been having high fun smearing berries everywhere.

The shame!

Anna

Jul 24, 2011
NSW, Australia
Parrots
Shrek & Fiona the Indian Ringnecks, Chiku the Fischer's Lovebird Marley the Cockatiel, Dara and Bullrush the Eastern Rosellas.
* You have more feathered friends than human friends.
* You wake up early every morning even though you detest it to give your brood all thier fresh foods then race off to work without breakfast or a coffee because you just don't have the time.
* When you look at your TV cabinet and think that if you added some wire and doors you could make yourself a pretty good cage for budgies because you haven't owned them in awhile and you miss thier chatter.
* Woe become anyone who keeps your birds up too late with loud music or dare to think about smoking near them.
* When you have a set of buckets, sponges and scrubbing brushes just to clean your bird things because you want things that are guaranteed not to be used with chemicals.
* When you spend the better part of the day cleaning the bird cages and then announce to your mum that you are going to "go clean your cage now". Then you realise you didn't actually mean to say that, it just slipped out.

Last edited:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
....when you have to go to the bath room to talk on the phone.

Most Reactions