You know you're a Parront when...

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Hie-hie I am laughing so lekker at this thread!:D

When you wake up during the night and wonder if your kids are ok and warm enough or maybe to warm.

When you start forgetting everything in the car, including the car keys because you cant hurry enough to get to your bird.

When you start turning down invites because it will interfere with your animal time.

When you turn all the cctv cameras towards the kids and not the doors. :D

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
A moderator's moment
When getting ready to go out, get a phone call (from Linky) informing me that spam is on the forum. Time is limited, bring my laptop into the bedroom, search the forum, while trying blow drying my hair, apply make up and get dressed. OMG
Thanks Linky, there were actually two of them

Last edited:

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Time is limited, bring my laptop into the bedroom, search for forum, while trying blow drying my hair, apply make up and get dressed. OMG
Now that is jolly good for a Freddie hand!!!!
999.gif

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
I am laughing so hard... my son said Dad what is so funny...
He just moved in with me on Thursday and I am training him to help with Abby and the pups and the cat..

Any way Even though I am a "Bird Brain in Training" :30: I can relate to everything that has been said. A friend of mine said that she,the pups and the cat have take a back seat to Abby... :rolleyes:.
My son and I were at the feed store and I bought a new perch for Abby's new cage, Michael said what's that stick for? You paid $5 for a stick?

He has a long way to go...

You guys are great.. I sure miss not being online more.. I have to re arrange my schedule to make sure I get back online more.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I am laughing so hard... my son said Dad what is so funny...
He just moved in with me on Thursday and I am training him to help with Abby and the pups and the cat..

Any way Even though I am a "Bird Brain in Training" :30: I can relate to everything that has been said. A friend of mine said that she,the pups and the cat have take a back seat to Abby... :rolleyes:.
My son and I were at the feed store and I bought a new perch for Abby's new cage, Michael said what's that stick for? You paid $5 for a stick?

He has a long way to go...

You guys are great.. I sure miss not being online more.. I have to re arrange my schedule to make sure I get back online more.

First of all welcome Michael,
36_1_67.gif
I know your dad is happy about you moving in.
There's just going to be two problems shucks !!!!
You guys will be fighting over Abby, and the computer :rolleyes:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
When you and your bird are alone at home, kids out working and at Uni.
You hear a knock at the door, and someone calls your birds name and says hello mommy.
You dash to the door, open it and no one is there
Your turn around only to see your bird sitting there looking so innocent
You gotta just love them

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
When you tell the telecom guys at the hospital that you dropped your new super-duper, light weight, state of the art international pager in the john rather than admit you left it in range of a couple of parrots who shoved it off your purse into a bowl of cold cereal and milk. (It didn't work well after that.)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
When you tell the telecom guys at the hospital that you dropped your new super-duper, light weight, state of the art international pager in the john rather than admit you left it in range of a couple of parrots who shoved it off your purse into a bowl of cold cereal and milk. (It didn't work well after that.)

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
When you go shopping only to come out with new treats, food, perches etc for the bird, no money left and still nothing for yourself.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
When you go to the library with the intention of getting a book for yourself, and find yourself leaving with a book about birds instead. Then you go home and wonder what you're forgetting...

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Oh that's funny Ant! I wish Sam or Gem asked that...I could use a good homebased administrative assistant.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
and non FIDS:
Yeah Sharon!
The day is just starting here and birds have breakfast, clean water bowls and fruit kabobs andI am still in PJ's with no tea. Hmmm. I am going to roust out some teenagers (at least two of these kids belong to me ) and send them with the dogs to feed the outside crowd
..horses and ducks. Why should I be the only one up?!

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Get them up Barbara! I'm not so lucky, here...just me and hubby! Then again, maybe I'm luckier than I think...no teenagers!!!;)

Most Reactions