You know you’ve had parrrots a long time when…

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Been over a year since I had to give Phoenix to my daughter. Still finding feathers around the house...

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
yup i went from usa to canada and i found MY LOVEBIRD FEATHER ON THE STAIRS OF THE PLACE I WAS STAYING!!!!
You have spread the seeds of birt to a new country!

I’ve found feathers from my birds outside, at my grandma’s house, at the houses of my past friends, and even in my other grandma’s sunroom!

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
And ya know of all the techniques to clean ‘em!
True
I notice you put a foot ring on Rico now. How did that go?
My biggest fear is having my pet bird escape and fly away. It's happened to me in the past. Having a ring with a phone number on it can help, I think a lost pet bird usually approaches humans.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
When visiting my father who has a cat, I do the same thing.
call it poor bird and pretty bird,

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
When you're on vacation and you wake up wondering why you're not hearing your birds shrieking and asking to be let out.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
True
I notice you put a foot ring on Rico now. How did that go?
My biggest fear is having my pet bird escape and fly away. It's happened to me in the past. Having a ring with a phone number on it can help, I think a lost pet bird usually approaches humans.
He always had it, as he is a petco bird. His band only has EA CA and a few numbers on it. It *could* be helpful, if you memorize it and put it on flyers, online posts for your area, papers, etc. so they can be 100% identified, but the chances of someone actually being able to read the band, without grabbing the bird, are very slim. Bands aren’t really used for anything, aside from sexing and keeping track of what bird is who, in a clutch.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
He always had it, as he is a petco bird. His band only has EA CA and a few numbers on it. It *could* be helpful, if you memorize it and put it on flyers, online posts for your area, papers, etc. so they can be 100% identified, but the chances of someone actually being able to read the band, without grabbing the bird, are very slim. Bands aren’t really used for anything, aside from sexing and keeping track of what bird is who, in a clutch.
One time I noticed a different looking pidgeon scavenging the left over seed on the floor outside by the cage. I saw it had a foot ring with a number of it and i was able to pick it up and put it in a cage. I rang the owner and he was relieved. The bird had escaped and travelled over 100kms to our house.
Also I know a few people who have found stray parrots including me so it's a good idea to have a foot ring with a number on it

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
What was that, I can't hear you 🤣

You know you've had parrots a long time when bird poo no longer disgusts you
You know you've had parrots a long time when you are makeing websites aboout birbs and making threads about birds

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I'm not sure if it counts as "you know you've had parrots for a long time".... but when YouTube offers you a playlist which starts with Koookee Koookee song
1705582027794.png

Most Reactions

Latest posts